What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Geoffs MS200T is now back together, some fine compression on the saw now and it was pretty good before. Got to be pretty firm pulling it over - almost feels like it needs a decomp valve:thumbup:

Just got to tach it now:thumbup:

Oh my poor old limp wrists :blushing: sure I will get used to it.:thumbup1:

Ran Geoffs saw for a few minutes and did a compression check when cold, around 160psi on five pulls but went to over 180psi on eight pulls - this should go really well when tuned.

Burrells dodgy revving MS200T is a carb problem, pressure and Vac tested - 100%, the carb is now in the cleaner getting clean:thumbup:

If this can be answered simply then would really appreciate it, so whats the difference between the low screw and idle screw on carb? tried to fire up the 041 and only starts on half throttle and dies underload so needs a little fine tuning as i restored it to factory settings, any input greatly appreciated especially regarding my first question, cheers

If this can be answered simply then would really appreciate it, so whats the difference between the low screw and idle screw on carb? tried to fire up the 041 and only starts on half throttle and dies underload so needs a little fine tuning as i restored it to factory settings, any input greatly appreciated especially regarding my first question, cheers

Someone else will say it better,but the idle screw adjusts the off trigger (tickover)revs,by holding the carb buterfly partialy open,adjusting this screw opens or closes the carburettor opening.

Th L screw adjusts the fuel/air mixture from tickover to maybe quarter or half throttle,so adjusting this will richen or lean out the low rev mixture,in some saws it will also have an effect on the H screw,which controls the mixture at high revs.

Clear as mud.:001_smile:

The Low "L" screw adjusts the amount of fuel/air ratio the carb dispenses at small throttle openings, the idle screw adjusts the actual throttle valve opening with the throttle closed alowing a little fuel/air in to the enqine thus keeping it running with no throttle applied.

Set the L & H screw to one turn out from fully in (with the limit caps removed if fitted), get the saw started and wind in the idle screw whilst keeping the throttle feathered until the saw idles properly. If you can't achieve this, you probably have a problem with the saw.