What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Well that's the blower sorted, air filter had to be bodged with a kitchen sponge :D and its now tuned on gardenkit juice, with a rather low 6k rpm reading on the tach, on full throttle, still it's old (older than me anyway) and it works, that's all that matters!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369484831.658438.jpg.5293dceb6b0689cbcc82474642550123.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Another one off the bench. 066 had lost power and was running badly. Then it would only start on choke, at which point it ran on full choke but wouldn't run at all if knocked off choke.

I assumed carb or impulse. Pulled the muffler to check - not a mark on the piston. Before ripping the carb apart I took a look at the plug, which looked rather eroded. New plug in, now running fine without even tweaking the carb, so I assume the plug was the problem and on we go. This is good as it should have some serious work to do in mid-July.

Choices as to where next - the 051 with the handle to sort out, the completely dismantled 076 to try and get clean (struggling even with an airline) before reassembly or the saw with the suspect bent crank....:confused1:

Completely rebuilt an 051 with all new internals (1974) even managed to get a new crank! Managed to break the throttle linkage on reassembly tho right on the bend so had to order a new one online... So annoying when you get so close to the end and something like that happens...

Now off to pick up an ebay special, yet another 051....

Ha so much for the quiet weekend.

A br 400, ms200t, got two Hayter mowers to look at. THey are both relatively new but both have the same problem. They both stop driving forward after a short while.

Looking at them during the week sometime.

Oh and along with a few other jobs that have come in during the weekend aswell.

Got the 064 and MS230 converted over to Aspen - new fuel lines, carb kit on the 064 and new O ring on a leaking fuel cap on the MS230 - all fine now.

Started on another 357XP that is being ported on request, one of my saws. first one I tried had a badly smashed crankcase but this one is coming up pretty clean.

Done all the prep work and clean up, the compression pre porting is a whopping 190psi so is nicely run in:thumbup:

Just got the porting to do and the muffler mod and then back together!

Rebuilt the side cover and sprayed it to smarten the saw up.

DSCF0764.jpg.4d390f454f9a7c032b186b164efde677.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg.f24f8573699887ce0d604d8a0b65f705.jpg