What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Back to the bench, had a MS230 in that just wouldn't run after conversion to Aspen, even a long dip in the US cleaner didn't sort it, pressure and vac tests came in claen so I pulled the welch plug in desperation and put around half a can of carb cleaner thgrough it and it sorted it..Phew:thumbup:

Also got a 262XP Husky in for service, looks in good nick, the piston still had visible machining marks on it, stripped it down and noticed that the crank had a clanging noise if the flywheel was rotated slightly one way and then the other. I just hoped it wasn't the big end.

Compression had measuerd a lowly 125psi which didn't fit with the compression reading.

Pulled the cylinder off and at first thought the small end was shot but it turned out the piston is badly worn where the gudgeon pin pushes in to the piston - first time I have seen this.

DSCF0252.jpg.fea9aa18005195ba70cf1bba298e3ccd.jpg

DSCF0251.jpg.3fc7cded541b51bad0d86c758ff20f2c.jpg

Hd a really quick going over on the solo top handle tonight. It runs really well considering the comp is low.

Needs a clean and tune up as it runs high and takes a long time to slow down to tickover.

And reminds me that Aldi have u.s cleaners in aswell. Will be picking one of those up this week to try them out.

image.jpg.bfbf31c5742a02ad6549f3be31cc7f00.jpg