What's on your bench today?

spudulike

It's probably this one

IMG_20130714_214738.jpg

I bought this on ebay a few years back.

You can probably just get a bit of flat plate, drill it out for the crank and the three holes then fit bolts through the plate and use a three leg puller on it.

home made puller - 3 high tensile bolts / screws - worked a treat on TS350.

Clutch needle bearing unseized and clutch side crank seal replaced( a first!), new filters arrived. Just waiting for a replacement kill switch - lucky this is for me - spent 2 hours trying to get an £8 switch to function - sometimes you just can't let go!

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6665-20130717-212002.jpg

New acquisition

Don't know much about this saw - 020AVP Super Electronic 'professional'. Missing a clutch cover and bar stud and I dare say a few other bits. Any opinions on this saw? Has compression (not measured yet) and a decent spark.

Have read that the engine is a bit of a monkey to get to? Is that what you mean Spud when you talk about a clam shell design?

Is that a chain brake mechanism? If so how does it work?

Any other look out for this's appreciated.

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6664-phonepics1.jpg

Basically an 020, rear handle.

The clam shell engines are where the lower crank case is attached to the pot. Not the pot attached to the whole crank case and base of a saw. If that makes sense.

There are a few videos of clam shell on youtube. So the whole engine comes out in one rather than just the pot.

I don't think these saws have them.

Just think 200, there are a few differences when you get into it.

Does it run?

The chain break is attached to the side cover bit like some husky saws. The brake handle is on the handle but it runs through to the cover, you may find dining a new side cover being a pig.

Edited by Rich2484

New acquisition

Don't know much about this saw - 020AVP Super Electronic 'professional'. Missing a clutch cover and bar stud and I dare say a few other bits. Any opinions on this saw? Has compression (not measured yet) and a decent spark.

Have read that the engine is a bit of a monkey to get to? Is that what you mean Spud when you talk about a clam shell design?

Is that a chain brake mechanism? If so how does it work?

Any other look out for this's appreciated.

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6664-phonepics1.jpg

I have a clutch side from an 009 that might fit, if you want it

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Basically an 020, rear handle.

The clam shell engines are where the lower crank case is attached to the pot. Not the pot attached to the whole crank case and base of a saw. If that makes sense.

There are a few videos of clam shell on youtube. So the whole engine comes out in one rather than just the pot.

I don't think these saws have them.

Just think 200, there are a few differences when you get into it.

Does it run?

The chain break is attached to the side cover bit like some husky saws. The brake handle is on the handle but it runs through to the cover, you may find dining a new side cover being a pig.

cheers rich - does it run? dunno yet - but i'm guessing it will - if there's gonna be a prob finding a clutch cover chain brake combo maybe i'll re-assess it's fate with me - but there's definitely something about it i like.

Shock Horror - feather stops Shindaiwa Long reach trimmer!

Yup is true - but not how you think, the owner said it stopped abruptly in the hot weather - stripped it down a bit today and found a feather wrapped round the needle in the carb throat blocking the thing - also found the airfilter had a big hole in it:thumbdown:

New filter on order and after a general service including cleaning the carbon out of the exhaust port and the thing now idles and revs just fine:thumbup:

Shock Horror - feather stops Shindaiwa Long reach trimmer!

Yup is true - but not how you think, the owner said it stopped abruptly in the hot weather - stripped it down a bit today and found a feather wrapped round the needle in the carb throat blocking the thing - also found the airfilter had a big hole in it:thumbdown:

New filter on order and after a general service including cleaning the carbon out of the exhaust port and the thing now idles and revs just fine:thumbup:

I thought the hole in the filter was a mod!!:001_tt2:

As for the feather - must of got that from the chute of the chipper, seems to be a lot fly out of there! :lol:

Thanks Steve!:thumbup:

Ps that feather cost me £470!

I think I had better add that is NOT my repair bill:001_rolleyes::lol:

Guess it is what Si paid for the kit!

Forgot to add - the unit has 155psi and the piston is clean so not a bad unit in all - exhaust port cleaned, filter box cleaned, fuel lines checked, throttle lubricated, exhaust checked and recoil lubricated - all fine now:thumbup: