What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Just got a load more work in, six MS200Ts, a blower, a Stihl 023, a Stihl 024, Husky 45, McCullock Evolution and the old KM100 that I still have in bits - may just leave it that way:blushing::lol:

Thats tomorrows work then Steve, got anything booked for Friday?:biggrin:

PS, shorten the workload, dump the McCulloch. (and the KM?)

Worn clutch springs are indeed the main cause of a chain running on, also a build up of dirt inside the clutch drum can cause drag, as can a siezing or poorly lubricated needle bearing. Give the clutch an overhaul.

I am a bit surprised you can get the saw to run as low as 1200rpm especially with the power to turn the chain. I would be a bit suspicious of your Chiny Tack.

Quote: WorcsWuss It could conceivably actually be 2400 rpm, depends how it calculates revs from sparks......

UPDATE

Have just checked HMRC website:

Chiny Tack 1200rpm + import duty + post office handling fee = 2400rpm

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture5784-chinkysmily.jpg

So I've bought a compression gauge. A Gunson one to be exact, can anyone tell me how to use it??

Nice one AlvinD

Just screw it in (hand tight), open the throttle (to let enough air in) and pull the cord rapidly several times. You will see the gauge rise until it peaks after 4-6 pulls. This will be your indicator of the ability to create pressure in the cylinder.

Different engines will produce different pressures, so best to ask on here for specific machines.

So I've bought a compression gauge. A Gunson one to be exact, can anyone tell me how to use it??

Easy. Pull the spark plug from said saw or engine. Screw in correct size end for gauge, open the throttle so there is as much air going into engine as possible. Pull starter I usually do it about Severn times. 5 to 7 seems to be the magic number. Look at gauge and see what the psi is. Press the little button under the gauge on the line to release the pressure.

The pressure will only build until it reaches its maximum a non return valve stops the gauge going back down again.

Stick the brass bit up your bottom and fart - if you hit 150psi, you have strong guts:001_rolleyes::lol:

Think you may be over stretching yourself but guess everyone has to learn!

Unscrew the sparkplug, screw the brass bit in to the plug hole, make sure the decomp is off - all this is best done on a cold engine that has been run over the last day or two or has a "wet" piston.

Pull the saw over briskly once and note the pressure and then do it 5-6 times more, you should see double the first pull after 5-6 and the pressure reading should be more than 145psi. 150+ is good and 170psi is a fresh run in engine!

You pull the little black handle on the side of the saw to do this:lol::lol::lol: