What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Been stripping a 020T, it had 140psi compression but on stripping it looks like it has been mildly seized, I now have a piston on order.

The pic of the tools is for Burrell and are my usual suspects.

The pile of sawdust is the amount of crap that came out of the 020T, I havent even stripped the chainbrake yet!

:blushing:

look foward to a more powerfull AND lighter saw then :biggrin:

I had a break from paying jobs this morning to do the front LH wheel bearing on my Transit.

A couple of hours later and covered in grease, but its done.

By the way, its a front wheel drive, thats why it took so long.

Edited by GardenKit

Got a BCS Flail ready and waiting in the workshop for a serious maintenance session. It needs stripping down and degreasing. We lent it out with it all working and it came back only able to go backwards and a horrid grinding sound when engaging the PTO for the flail deck. Also now have a sick HL100 hedgecutter. It runs fine on full throttle but as soon as it goes to idle it dies or is searching for idle as if it is starved of fuel. Got a fuel filter for a brushcutter so will do a swap and see if that is the problem.

I had all manner of issues with this thing. The original piston was toast, so I replaced it with a machined piston for a 346OE. The pop up ran 230PSI, so I had to grind that back down nearly 85% the way. It is now running 190psi. The carb was rebuilt. IN the first vid it is stock, and in the second vid it is bored out nearly 1mm. She still could use more carb as I went a lil heavy on the porting side of things. She's running a tad lean in the second vid too. It sounds much more lean in the vids than in person I am finding out. I need me a tach. This lil 44cc's of saw ain't doing too bad now. Anyhow, here's the vids:

Non bored carb, 18" B&C with standard 3/8 full chisel chain, 16" green lodgepole:

Ported 444SE with 18" 3/8 B&C - YouTube

And here with the carb bored in about 20" of green, sticky lodgepole full of blue stain fungus(Grosmannia clavigera):

444SE carburetor bored closer to 33mm - YouTube

Yes yes,I know, PPE. Blah.

I had all manner of issues with this thing. The original piston was toast, so I replaced it with a machined piston for a 346OE. The pop up ran 230PSI, so I had to grind that back down nearly 85% the way. It is now running 190psi. The carb was rebuilt. IN the first vid it is stock, and in the second vid it is bored out nearly 1mm. She still could use more carb as I went a lil heavy on the porting side of things. She's running a tad lean in the second vid too. It sounds much more lean in the vids than in person I am finding out. I need me a tach. This lil 44cc's of saw ain't doing too bad now. Anyhow, here's the vids:

Non bored carb, 18" B&C with standard 3/8 full chisel chain, 16" green lodgepole:

Ported 444SE with 18" 3/8 B&C - YouTube

And here with the carb bored in about 20" of green, sticky lodgepole full of blue stain fungus(Grosmannia clavigera):

444SE carburetor bored closer to 33mm - YouTube

Yes yes,I know, PPE. Blah.

Sounds really sweet now, big wood for a tiddy saw but gets through it well and with a long bar - good work:thumbup:

Sounds really sweet now, big wood for a tiddy saw but gets through it well and with a long bar - good work:thumbup:

Thanks, Bud. Means a lot coming from ya.

I spent months on and off with this one chasing one problem or another. At one point the top end literally blew off. Turns out the bolt's on the jug that came with the saw were completely wrong. It's mostly sorted now. But it's eventually gonna need a new chassis, and certainly needs more carb. It is always on the verge of being too lean in this weather. Once summer is gone, it should be easier to keep tuned, assuming i don't find a more viable carb by then.

I am going to use this as my truck saw. Just to bust out with on the occasion a trail is blocked, etc. I work in logging country a lot. SInce I will need the reach, she will be wearing that 18" B&C with 3/8 chain. Most the woods we have here in Washington State are conifer or soft hardwoods like Alder and poplar, so she'll do fine.

Cheers

Been busy, been rebuilding an old 020T, bit of a state, piston was scored, cleaned the bore and fitted a new piston, 155psi now and will go up with use:thumbup:

Rebuilt the chain brake and did the pressure and vac tests, all OK, she now runs and idles, got to tach it up now but it is all there!

Also had a HS81 hedge trimmer in, bogging down and also loose cutters so sorted out the loose cutters by tightening the bolts using a little thread lock, sharpened the blades and then stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the carb, revs out fine now:thumbup:

P1040545.JPG.ff30e94f5479013f07bf3eec23ab26f8.JPG

P1040546.JPG.6c3130cfc55db5538939f5b143833fa4.JPG

P1040544.JPG.efd8cac38d78074cd83d2f740c49d180.JPG

P1040542.JPG.9ad23119a2938b03f9204e45e00580f2.JPG

P1040540.JPG.85eeffda6a75f99552306551994844e5.JPG

P1040539.JPG.966ce99f7f56b6ac21ce41f630a3c4f6.JPG