What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Hi All,

Just want to say a big thank you to Spud AKA Steve. as dropped two saws of at him the other day. Both of which hadnt been running properly even arfter taking the ms200t into my local dealer. Well needless to say he had them both working properly withing the week. So needless to say would'nt hesitate in taking more saws to him in the future.

Many thanks

Buster

It looks like a Trojan, I had one similar many years ago, very very noisy and vibrated enough to take the fillings out of your teeth.

Trojan was a motor manufacturer that made a very sturdy van with their own two cylinder two stroke petrol engine. This had a novel arrangement of two power cylinders charged with fuel/air mix from two compression cylinders thus allowing a normal wet sump and lubrication system.

I can't be certain that the saw was made by the same Trojan company but mine certainly had a logo on it that looked the same as the vehicle badge and I always assumed it was an effort at diversification by the then ailing car company.

Unfortunately, like so many other British companies, Trojan lost its way and lack of investment and innovation saw its end round about the 1960's.

Anyone old enough may remember seeing Trojans in the familliar red livery of the Typhoo Tea Company.

They don't make saws like that any more.....thank God.

Ashtree.

Hi All,

Just want to say a big thank you to Spud AKA Steve. as dropped two saws of at him the other day. Both of which hadnt been running properly even arfter taking the ms200t into my local dealer. Well needless to say he had them both working properly withing the week. So needless to say would'nt hesitate in taking more saws to him in the future.

Many thanks

Buster

Thanks Buster, no worries, hope you get some good use out of the saws now. Always a pleasure and thanks for the good rep.

All the best - Steve

i had an MS180 in today. The elderly owner had driven about 8 miles to get here. " Clutch siezed solid" he said, "please fix".

A very quick check revealed the chain brake on. Very embarassed gent muttered all sorts of things I could not understand, but it turns out he had not used it for about 3 years and simply forgot what a chain brake is.

This is the fifth this year like this. I smile about these afterwards, but its very difficult to handle at the time without making the owner feel stupid.

i had an MS180 in today. The elderly owner had driven about 8 miles to get here. " Clutch siezed solid" he said, "please fix".

A very quick check revealed the chain brake on. Very embarassed gent muttered all sorts of things I could not understand, but it turns out he had not used it for about 3 years and simply forgot what a chain brake is.

This is the fifth this year like this. I smile about these afterwards, but its very difficult to handle at the time without making the owner feel stupid.

Guy up the road brought his saw to me the other day with the same symptoms/cure, only difference being I had a really good laugh at his expense and don't intend to let him forget it :biggrin::biggrin::laugh1:

I once had a domestic user complain to me that, following a service " for which I paid good money" (his words) I had returned his saw with the bar upside down.:lol:

Thats a classic and probably a reflection of the average home owner.

Sold a saw to a local man for a little fire wood and ended up giving an hours tuition on how to use it, safety, PPE, maintenance etc He seemed pretty happy with his new found knowledge.

People generally respond well to a little help IMO:thumbup:

just got back from the workshop and i come across a 2inch dia bit of ally bar spud

is soon got turned down to 44mm :lol::lol:

Oh God Martin - what are you up to now, is it orange and grey with 024 on it:lol:

If you need any help, let me know - thats a mates offer by the way:thumbup:

Took this in on trade not long ago. Ran but down on power. Like the 12.25lb pho weight and torque it has for 62cc.

As traded in with 20" bar.

036pro490H5000H002.jpg

036pro005.jpg

036pro006.jpg

36pc004.jpg

36pc003.jpg

036pro490H5000H003.jpg

After with 16" new piston kit (old piston was usable and would have cleaned up if you were on a budget.) Cylinder cleaned up perfect. Replaced a bunch of wear parts and runs like new again. OK better then new with simple muffler mod.

finished036002.jpg

finished036004.jpg

finished036001.jpg

finished036003.jpg

finished036005.jpg