What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Coil gap is too tight by the sounds, try increasing it to .3mm, and check the flywheel key!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Coil gap seems to have sorted it. Was tight on a .2 feeler, now it's just dragging on a .3mm. Put it through about 2ft connie half a dozen times on sunday no problem.

Thanks Eddy :thumbup:

husky fixed.

nice and simple, bearing seal was hanging off. replaced and used some bearing fit. now runs like a dream.

oh and i like the heated handles aswell. but did feel a bit warm after a while so had to turn it off. :lol:

Not converted to the dark side yet? You know you liked the 346XP - despite the inlet boot:thumbup:

Not converted to the dark side yet? You know you liked the 346XP - despite the inlet boot:thumbup:

got to say you are sort of right. it is a cracking little saw, plenty of grunt, and the heated handles did feel nice. cutting full bar lenth without a problem. but yes one design fault would be the boot connection to the cylinder.

but i would still pick up a stihl without question im affraid.:001_tt2:

got to say you are sort of right. it is a cracking little saw, plenty of grunt, and the heated handles did feel nice. cutting full bar lenth without a problem. but yes one design fault would be the boot connection to the cylinder.

but i would still pick up a stihl without question im affraid.:001_tt2:

Really? The smaller pro range of husky have always been better than the stihl equivalents IMO, especially the 50cc range, if the 346 had the crank stuffers then I reckon it would have been unbeatable, after all, the 550 is only a gnats bollock more powerful, despite the strato engine, crank stuffers, smoother transfers and autotune

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Really enjoying reading your thread. Always been afraid of doing more than basic servicing but this is making how a chainsaw works clearer. Need to get hold of a scrap saw to have a play:thumbup1:

That's the best way to learn. Much of my skill was found returning scrappers off ebay:thumbup:

So Megatron what is this patented cocktail or would you have to kill anyone you told. I have had little luck in getting hold of decent strength hydrochloric acid. Most of the patio cleaner sold wouldn't hurt you if you put in on your fish and chips. I've been using some industial toilet cleaner which has a reasonable HCl concentration but some other things added.However the label has faded too much to be able to read. I normally heat the cylinders first on top of the Rayburn then take them outdoors to treat. The heat definitely helps with these weaker acids.

Note to anyone who hasn't cleaned cylinders like this before. WEAR GOGGLES (Full face shield better) plus rubber gloves and make sure any other skin is covered up. Also have some weak bicarbonate of soda solution to hand and a bucket of clean water. Don't rely on getting them after it goes wrong as you could well be in too much pain or lacking the ability to see well enough to do much.Other than that enjoy saving lots of money on a new cylinder. :thumbup:

PS Excellent case splitting pics

I believe Spirit of Salts (used for cleaning limescale in toilets) is 32% Hydrochloric Acid. Sold in hardware shops