What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I personally never show a number plate in an inter-web photo.

Now they know where you live, lock up your saws.

Could be me being a little paranoid.

The older ones only leave a trail of Hypoid:biggrin:

H-A

P.S. Congrats on being a Grandad.:001_cool:

Snow.jpg.4c5b065212bedefab8729aed90400446.jpg

Edited by H-A
Missed a bit

whats on my bench?

my land rover.......

lost my clutch yesterday one the way back from the hospital from becoming a grandad for the third time.

took the slave piston out tonight and the release arm is stuck, means the fork has worn and the wont work. so its over the pit in the new ish workshop ready for the morning. should be fun.....not.

really ant wait for this week to just end aready...

Ignore the miserable trolls.... who really meant to say: "Congratulations!" ;-)

Im glad its not on my bench,

Guy rings up, "how much to change flywheel side bearing on my TS400" so i tell him my rate and he says but the bearing only cost £3 and ive got that. So i say it will need new seals and gaskets as well and you may as well change the clutch side bearing whilst its in bits. He shouts i don't need all the other bits there fine, your a rip off merchant and slams the phone down.

Im glad its not on my bench,

Guy rings up, "how much to change flywheel side bearing on my TS400" so i tell him my rate and he says but the bearing only cost £3 and ive got that. So i say it will need new seals and gaskets as well and you may as well change the clutch side bearing whilst its in bits. He shouts i don't need all the other bits there fine, your a rip off merchant and slams the phone down.

Such are the joys of our chosen career path Ray.

Over the years I have had several Kawaski brushcutters come in that appeared to be siezed solid.

In fact they have had broken flywheel fins which have then jammed the flywheel against the HT coil.

The reason on every one has been a bit of gravel that has got in from a rather large aperture behind the tank, probably when the machine has been put down on a gravel path.

Maybe its just been coincidence that they have all been Kawasaki.

When I said to the owner of the last one 'that will be a bit of gravel' he did not believe me as nowhere in his garden does he have gravel. So I stripped it whilst he was with me and, sure enough, there was the gravel. He was baffled and would not have believed me had he not seen it. So he went home on a gravel hunt.

Turns out he hangs it on his garage wall and the surface of the concrete is crumbling. There was a little pile of gravel on the floor under the hanging point.

P1000523.jpg.721e5c2b079e9be9068a1485244ec59e.jpg