What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Spud, are all the 200t's you work on named? Or have you took to writing names on them?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I did three saws that came in from three guys once Ben, Joe and I think Tom, the next three were Tom Dick and Harry and it has sort of stuck - these two were Bob and Bill - just makes identification easier for me:lol:

Saws take up space. I like to try and get the, cleared as quick as I can for room for other things. Although due to the crap stihl oem seals one 200t has been with me longer than I would like. Luckily the owner is on holiday next week so gives some pressure relief while awaiting the seals.

What's happened to your help Barrie. I have heard a nearly local shop from me has got a current waiting time of 3 weeks at the moment.

Still got my daughter helping in the workshop for part of the week. She is doing really well and doing basic services to pedestrian mowers to a very good standard.

But our workload has increased so much this year that it is still difficult to keep up,even working around 80hrs a week as I have for the last month.

I am currently warning customers that they may be faced with a 2-3 week wait, but so far most work is done within 1 week. I have put the saws back a bit though, I must admit. There is only one pro user saw there, the rest are domestic users.

The saws are my least profitable work. They always seem to take too long, for little reward. Maybe I should up the prices, then I might be keener to work on them.

And of course they dont take up too much room, whereas the tractors need to be got out quickly as more are always coming in.

I use this, combined pressure and vac pump.

A very versatile tool, not only for crankcase testing, buy was recently invaluable when I had to bleed the diesel through on my transit.:thumbup1:[ATTACH]116261[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]116262[/ATTACH]

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1362354223.683396.jpg.ffce02ce63da0586c259c25770c64743.jpg

Treated myself to a Mityvac 8550, badged as Snap On or Bluepoint as it came up a the right price on the bay. Defiantly think having both functions on one device is a plus and must save time.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have heard a nearly local shop from me has got a current waiting time of 3 weeks at the moment.

The main agent round here has a 6 week lead time at the moment only to get worse, good job i have a mate who works the counter there and sends people who want a quicker job round to my place.:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Ok. I keep looking. It's for a trust so I'm not ordering anything until they say so.

I've been looking Ito pressure testers. I have a vac tester coming but what pressure testers is everyone using?

Mityvac MV8500 I use Rich -

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mityvac-MYMV8500-Silverline-Automotive-Diagnostic/dp/B004BYGSJI/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1362403385&sr=1-2]Mityvac MYMV8500 Silverline Elite Automotive Repair and Diagnostic Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

Cheers mike. Will get onto that.

Well it's looking like I may have five minutes to continue with porting out the dolmar. I've gone as far as I dare on the ports. Just leaves the squish band.

I've run it into some timber and although it does cut well I'm not convinced its really acting like a ported saw.

I missed out on a nice little lathe aswell the other day. By the time I heard about it, I was I too late. Could have ended up with a nice pop up piston.