What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Spud, would an 880 need retuning after swapping standard filter for a hd one? Does the hd one restrict airflow more?

I would say that any change to the air filter would need a tach tune to make sure the saw isnt over revving or running a bit rich. I did recently tach a MS200 without an air filter and then with and it made a 1,000 rpm difference at top revs.

It all depends on how the 880 was tuned in the first place - if it was my £900 saw I know what I would do:thumbup:

OK at risk of sounding daft hoe do you get the oil pump out (ms180 i can see it but not sure how to get it out)!:confused:

Cheers

Mark

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk 2

TBH - not done one for a long while but Gardenkit (Barrie) has a post a page or two earlier on how it is removed.

The worm drive pinnion is removed by pulling off the sprocket and clutch and that was the part I recently found to be faulty on one I had in!

I got it ti bits apart from removing the pump ok. I cleaned with petrol and an air line and the ran it. It pumped a couple of times then stopped. So i think it probably easier just to replace the system - the pipe is starting to break down and has lost some of it flexibility so i expect the pump wont last much longer anyway. What are your thoughts on this course of action?

Busy weekend, the ported 084, 026 and MS200t went back ot theit owner, started on a couple of dodgy running MS200Ts that I had in, did the normal checks, found a dodgy crank seal on one - looked OK at first but when the crank was rotated, it dropped 2psi so fitted a new one along with clutch springs as two had failed.

The other one had a broken brake band and tie bar pluss the inner side case had a big hole in it so cleaned out loads of wood chip and will fit new ones.

Both carbs were boiled for an hour in the US cleaner and both idle perfectly now: -

DSCF0415.jpg.3f0c82db42c1988cf3fd3686c6f5260d.jpg

DSCF0412.jpg.918ab41e85eb2c899d75919a0513a5b3.jpg

DSCF0411.jpg.4e3c6efa00281a08b71146fea7e80b2e.jpg

DSCF0409.jpg.6bad323eebb362124a69fe19a948c097.jpg

DSCF0408.jpg.99c2ea31b41e3dfdd8ad31c90a3eec0d.jpg

DSCF0407.jpg.a838947fdacea490566f14019c50de81.jpg

I got it ti bits apart from removing the pump ok. I cleaned with petrol and an air line and the ran it. It pumped a couple of times then stopped. So i think it probably easier just to replace the system - the pipe is starting to break down and has lost some of it flexibility so i expect the pump wont last much longer anyway. What are your thoughts on this course of action?

The pumps are simple things, there is not much to go wrong with them and they dont really wear. The fact that yours worked after cleaning probably means its ok.

More likely IMO to be a blocked filter in the tank, or a rubber pipe breaking up, or a blocked tank breather, or, as Spud says, a slipping drive arm on the worm gear.

By all means replace the pump though if you feel the need. I think they are around £25.00 from memory. I can check tomorrow at the shop.

Busy weekend, the ported 084, 026 and MS200t went back ot theit owner, started on a couple of dodgy running MS200Ts that I had in, did the normal checks, found a dodgy crank seal on one - looked OK at first but when the crank was rotated, it dropped 2psi so fitted a new one along with clutch springs as two had failed.

The other one had a broken brake band and tie bar pluss the inner side case had a big hole in it so cleaned out loads of wood chip and will fit new ones.

Both carbs were boiled for an hour in the US cleaner and both idle perfectly now: -

Busy day here too Steve.

Four ride on mowers fully serviced and two more part done waiting for parts.

The pile of saws and strimmers is growing and some of the owners are getting shirty because they have been with me about 10 days. Still, its a very busy time of year and I can't please everyone even though I try.

Busy day here too Steve.

Four ride on mowers fully serviced and two more part done waiting for parts.

The pile of saws and strimmers is growing and some of the owners are getting shirty because they have been with me about 10 days. Still, its a very busy time of year and I can't please everyone even though I try.

What's happened to your help Barrie. I have heard a nearly local shop from me has got a current waiting time of 3 weeks at the moment.