What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Glad it is appreciated, many guys like to fix their own kit and am happy to advise but if things get a bit wobbly, am happy to pick up the pieces and effect a cost effective repair and try to keep costs to a minimum but the repair to a good standard.

Hope others appreciate it as much as you do and thanks for the comments:thumbup:

Glad it is appreciated, many guys like to fix their own kit and am happy to advise but if things get a bit wobbly, am happy to pick up the pieces and effect a cost effective repair and try to keep costs to a minimum but the repair to a good standard.

Hope others appreciate it as much as you do and thanks for the comments:thumbup:

I've gotta say mate, u do a very good service, its refreshing to see someone who still believes in 'repairing things' not just fitting new parts or condeming as scrap because 'its just not worth it'.:thumbup:

Winds me up when someone looks at my workbench and says 'why the hell are u bothering to fix that scrap!', because its satisfying, hopefully cheaper and therefore worthwhile doing!!! Though i have to admit sometimes i get it wrong. Know where i'll be sending any chainsaw i can't get to work!:thumbup:

MMm ok, have you looked at the peice that the elbow connects too? the flared peice on the RHS? i heard a deffinate crack...

as you look at my saw in your pic the part i broke is below the handle, it really looked to me as if it was the oil feed pipe to the bar and the plastic peice i broke looked like it could be casing or something expensive.

I've gotta say mate, u do a very good service, its refreshing to see someone who still believes in 'repairing things' not just fitting new parts or condeming as scrap because 'its just not worth it'.:thumbup:

Winds me up when someone looks at my workbench and says 'why the hell are u bothering to fix that scrap!', because its satisfying, hopefully cheaper and therefore worthwhile doing!!! Though i have to admit sometimes i get it wrong. Know where i'll be sending any chainsaw i can't get to work!:thumbup:

If it's in you to fix 'things' then it gives satisfaction to solve a problem, and save yourself a lot of cash as well - hence the Scots being such good engineers:lol:

Only joking, I must save 1,000's a year doing my own work and for me feels good.:thumbup1:

All true - I hate seeing fixable saws getting junked because a dealer says it is too expensive to fix, I try to meet the demand of a saw to be repaired with the overall value of it - many saws have sentimental value and as such, the owners want them working but perhaps being returned to "almost new" and a charge of £400 won't cut it so replace exactly what is needed and leave out all the typical "new plug and filter" etc a dealer may slap on:001_rolleyes: or...you need a new saw!!!

All the people I have done work for appear to be very happy and never lose sight that the saws are the owners living so make sure that they get back a saw that will do that whether it is a repair or a refurb saw:thumbup:

Latest one on the bench - Husqvarna 394XP, it has been seized and stripped down. Looks like the bore has suffered a bit, I am in no doubt it will run but can't be sure how well until it is done and has been run for a while.

The problem now is that with no aftermarket part available, we are faced with a £28 piston or a very expensive OEM Piston and cylinder - thats if you can still get an OEM P&C kit.

P1030745.JPG.648c99c680935bd6343f11c0efd9a441.JPG

59765ea56f7b8_Bore1.jpg.b798034b47ceb64edcc67a9eea218cd0.jpg

Busy day today - started on an MS460 that has seized - the piston looked awful but the cylinder cleaned up reasonably ok - a small score and a bit of marking but nothing too serious. Have had a dialogue with the owner and it will have a new Meteor piston fitted and reckon it will last OK.

The saws plug had good colour which was strange, the breather looks blocked as in the pics but will check out the saw on reassembly to make sure it doesn't die again.

Also been working on a 056 Stihl - oiler not working and needs a good clean up.

P1030759.jpg.1d8e9cbb6fce8cd9292e1a3d3dfb3e19.jpg

P1030756.jpg.b5cb6a93961575bef21bdf1407e166a3.jpg

P1030755.jpg.26351daf906a19a5b159e6da0ca9053a.jpg

P1030753.jpg.575ab05015895e6aa1e0c7a535e641e3.jpg

P1030747.jpg.da912e7e32fac588aeb394f4701da442.jpg