What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I've just put a 372 pot on a 365 special; obviously works fine. Standard 365/special has a Zama carb I think which you may or may not want to switch for a Walbro HD-12.

I think the non-Special 365 has a different intake boot/port (square vs round) that would need replacing to fit a 372 cylinder. Unless you can get a 372 cylinder with a square intake port to fit the original boot.

Had the same on a Jonsered 2071 I converted to 372 top end!

Engine wise there is no differece between the non e torq machine and the non special machine, the very very early 365 had the inlet boot held to the cylinder with two screws as opposed to a clip like the 372, this cylider is no longer available and replaced by the later cylinder and inlet boot.

Think its all been covered before.

Specials where from 2002/3 onwards. Specials had walbro carbs but the earlier models zama. Specials had adjustable oil pumps and chain adjustment thru side cover.

The oval manifold changeover to round happened before the special by a few years so some standard 365's do have round inlets.

The 365 special is the same spec saw as the 372 except for the cylinder/pot which is 48mm compared to the 372's 50mm

I've got a few questions for you lot so bare with me :blushing:

I was cleaning my project saw up tonight and once I removed the layers of crap it looks like the holes for adjusting the carb have been hacked/filed away:confused1:

image.jpg.e0ed8b6ba867b8428934f250bc27ccf1.jpg just behind the studs...

Is there a reason for this to fit a different carb?