What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I have requested a refund through PayPal, as it was done outside ebay..he's got 20 days to respond then after that I'm not sure what happens

If Paypal find in your favour (and if he doesn't respond, they will) then they extract the money from his linked bank account and he has a large unauthorised overdraft to deal with.

You will then be free to offer to send it back to him (at his expense). When you make this offer, make sure that you phrase it that no response within a given period will be imply that he does not want it returned, and that you will then be free to do with it as you wish. This avoids the difficult limbo situation where you have it but it's unclear whether you own it.

Alec

Bought on eBay and picked it up I think it is a stihl 050 that has been converted into a disc cutter. Doesn't look like it's had much use. Never had oil in the tank, looks new inside.

The starter wouldn't catch so not sure bout compression, but turned piston with flywheel and not seized. Not pulled muffler yet.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1419955372.389183.jpg.5e68b0d1e4b10ccd1affac1528b06f0a.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1419955406.530208.jpg.0567170548f868748a81b5776797cb99.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1419955867.625660.jpg.c90655484fbeff5c85da9ee35e3920b0.jpg

I've got a couple of questions, what is this lever? Is it to adjust oil flow or is it to do with the disc cutter attachment?

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1419955987.754848.jpg.97acc713139199bcae5312421f6a6f63.jpg

I know the old 050s had points but I think this is electronic ignition, do you think it's original? Can you tell if so?

I would like to try to get it running and use it so any help is greatly appreciated

Bought on eBay and picked it up I think it is a stihl 050 that has been converted into a disc cutter. Doesn't look like it's had much use. Never had oil in the tank, looks new inside.

The starter wouldn't catch so not sure bout compression, but turned piston with flywheel and not seized. Not pulled muffler yet.

[ATTACH]172998[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]172999[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]173000[/ATTACH]

I've got a couple of questions, what is this lever? Is it to adjust oil flow or is it to do with the disc cutter attachment?

[ATTACH]173001[/ATTACH]

I know the old 050s had points but I think this is electronic ignition, do you think it's original? Can you tell if so?

I would like to try to get it running and use it so any help is greatly appreciated

No, that saw has always been a ts510, it has an orange base-plate on the air filter. The original Fairbanks starter is now obsolete, and has been replaced by the newer starter, but most parts are still available. To make the pump work, you need to fit a worm gear

the heart of any power cutter is the filtration system, that thing looks like it wont last five minutes when the dust starts flying.

I bought it like this and don't know how long it has been run like this if at all, I'm going to try and convert it to a chainsaw so going to need to get the right filters for it