What's on your bench today?

spudulike

So removed the cables for the oil sensor and away it went. As soon as I re attach the sensor wire it won't spark.

So question. How do to by pass the sensor?

The answer is already there in your post. It sounds like the sensor may need to be replaced as it's failed in the safe position and you can run the engine with it disconnected so just disconnect it if you don't think you need the sensor.

After a week or so of mowers, mowers and more mowers, i thought I had better tackle the massive pile of 2t kit waiting repair .

First was an 880 which the customer had said needed a brake band and a tune up. After a clean up it was found to also need a new elastostart, two new AV rubbers, an oil pump drive gear and a new recoil housing due to there being a hole in the mesh big enough to put three fingers through into the flywheel.

Did all this and then found that the chain brake did not fully disengage. This was why the original band had worn through, so it now needs a brake handle/guard and new linkage.

Then a 362 for a new throttle rod, as the old one had worn thin, as they do, and was popping out of the plastic guide. Full service and clean, and new elastostart.

Then a 201T for service and replacement of broken top handle. That was...errrr.......fun!

The answer is already there in your post. It sounds like the sensor may need to be replaced as it's failed in the safe position and you can run the engine with it disconnected so just disconnect it if you don't think you need the sensor.

I would but it's also attached to the on/off switch. So if I take the wires off I can't stop the engine without choking it off. Also the dead mans handle doesn't work as it a stump grinder.

Getting one ordered but need to do some work on the machine and need to run it up.

After a week or so of mowers, mowers and more mowers, i thought I had better tackle the massive pile of 2t kit waiting repair .

First was an 880 which the customer had said needed a brake band and a tune up. After a clean up it was found to also need a new elastostart, two new AV rubbers, an oil pump drive gear and a new recoil housing due to there being a hole in the mesh big enough to put three fingers through into the flywheel.

Did all this and then found that the chain brake did not fully disengage. This was why the original band had worn through, so it now needs a brake handle/guard and new linkage.

Then a 362 for a new throttle rod, as the old one had worn thin, as they do, and was popping out of the plastic guide. Full service and clean, and new elastostart.

Then a 201T for service and replacement of broken top handle. That was...errrr.......fun!

Reckon the MS201 should have gone in the skip, not feeling the love on those:thumbdown:

Got a small stump grinder dropped off today.

It wouldn't start. So after removing the plug and the off/on switch. It still wouldn't spark. So removed the cables for the oil sensor and away it went. As soon as I re attach the sensor wire it won't spark.

So going to change the oil, it was on the over filled side a little.

So question. How do to by pass the sensor?

how many wires to the sensor?

slim