What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Yeah they are the same cylinders as the ts510 and ts760 disc cutter.

If you want to upgrade to the 075/076 top end u will need the inlet manifold and exhaust. You will also need to buy the studs that hold the cylinder on and retap the threads in the saw to 6mm. (as you will have found out the 51 uses short bolts to hold the cylinder on - the 075/076 uses studs that run the whole length of the cylinder. Carbs are exactly the same.

Yeah they are the same cylinders as the ts510 and ts760 disc cutter.

If you want to upgrade to the 075/076 top end u will need the inlet manifold and exhaust. You will also need to buy the studs that hold the cylinder on and retap the threads in the saw to 6mm. (as you will have found out the 51 uses short bolts to hold the cylinder on - the 075/076 uses studs that run the whole length of the cylinder. Carbs are exactly the same.

How easy is it to get the exhaust and inlet manifold? suppose its an ebay job... cheers :)

i wouldnt use helicoils your better off with timeserts bit dearer but worth every penny :thumbup:

I have used a number of insert types, usually when the hole is enlarged/worn but helicoils are fine for when their isn't much land around the hole:thumbup:

One of the best inserts I have used has four hardened posts that knock in around he carbide hardened steel insert locking it in place - expensive but damn good.

I have used a number of insert types, usually when the hole is enlarged/worn but helicoils are fine for when their isn't much land around the hole:thumbup:

One of the best inserts I have used has four hardened posts that knock in around he carbide hardened steel insert locking it in place - expensive but damn good.

gota link ?would be interested ,as you say might be a better option when little meat around hole,been using wurth timeserts,they crimp in the hole using the last couple of threads so cant wind out.:thumbup:

What would have caused the pick up on the cylinder to damage the coating?

When i stripped i found the impulse hose split. if run like this for a while will it have light seized then pulled coating off?

would like to know before i carry on.

also would it be worth changing the crank seals?

cheers :thumbup1:

What would have caused the pick up on the cylinder to damage the coating?

When i stripped i found the impulse hose split. if run like this for a while will it have light seized then pulled coating off?

would like to know before i carry on.

also would it be worth changing the crank seals?

cheers :thumbup1:

The leaking impulse line will have put sir including to the mix introduced by the carb, it WILL cause seizure and damage to the engine.

Just done a 390xp with exactly this

Working from home today as I don't feel like going out.

So, ms660 chain brake issues. All components look good and are working ok, so Tommorow is a brazing exercise and blanking off the existing outlet and creating a new one.

Out of curiosity what do you use as an outlet on your porting jobs spud?

Ms260, needs a new piston as it has been seized. The rings are free but some light scoring on the skirts and in the bore. So clean up and meteor to be ordered.

Now my gripe over the 26 range. Why did stihl make a 44mm and a 44.7mm bore and piston? Just makes the whole, process harder,:001_rolleyes:

This one is measuring 44.68mm so will order the 44.7mm kit.

And that's the bore size

Also got a return of the husky 435, was told by owner that it was the oiler issue, but it turns out it was the oiler issue and a running issue in that it looses power in the cut. I guess partly my fault for not testing but still nice to know these things when they come in.:001_rolleyes:

image.jpg.e1b839bd9a8c8a1f59007a23bfa671ac.jpg