What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I have one of those pullers and it makes life easier but I got it for half the retail price:thumbup:

Other than that, the screw method of extracting or even using a pointed awl on MS200Ts works well!

Who is going to do your work Dave, sounds lile a little palace you are building for them:biggrin:

A selection of t bars, t wrenches, long reach sockets, T27 bits, M6, M5 allen is a must. Helicoil sets in M4, M5,M6 and a damn good set of tap and dies is a godsend, you already have the US cleaner in the bag, a decent bench vice, long nose pliers, side cuters, soldering kit, a fecking big G clamp is like gold dust......we all know why:thumbup:

Other than that, mallets, files, diamond files and blocks, a decent selection of containers for parts, screw drivers etc The list goes on forever.

TBH, if you are just doing your own kit, you probably don't need half of this kit, if you are going to run your own money making workshop, employing someone then you will.

Good luck, any questions, just ask

Thanks steve

No to the money making work shop, not got the time or talent

but i would like to look after the gear ive already got, to be honest im interested in fixing stuff and id like to have a workshop that is well kitted out for that .

my accountant told me to spend some money before april ,so i thought a few shiney tools would be nice :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks steve

No to the money making work shop, not got the time or talent

but i would like to look after the gear ive already got, to be honest im interested in fixing stuff and id like to have a workshop that is well kitted out for that .

my accountant told me to spend some money before april ,so i thought a few shiney tools would be nice :thumbup::thumbup:

Just remember that it isn't just about tools, kit etc, you also need an insight in to what all the engine components do and how a stroker works - I guess if you have had motorbikes you will have some knowledge of engines and the rest you will learn:thumbup:

Got two MS460s in, the first was one I had in before and expired in a big black bang - I knew the cylinder plug hole had an insert in it and it sounded like that had gone or the decomp valve had gone as it had zero compression.

It was good news, the plug had simply unscrewed and poped out, The insert on my previous encounter had come loose so had sealed it back in with Loctite 270 and this was still solid:thumbup:

A new plug and all is good.

The other MS460 would fire but not run. Stripped the carb and found the below:001_rolleyes::lol:

DSCF1499.jpg.2311e1718c126b522677b2a6616307dc.jpg

Just remember that it isn't just about tools, kit etc, you also need an insight in to what all the engine components do and how a stroker works - I guess if you have had motorbikes you will have some knowledge of engines and the rest you will learn:thumbup:[/QUOT

Yes i agree bout tools

i have some knowledge, but willing to learn:sneaky2:

We all have to start somewhere

ive got a really nice workshop and i enjoy being out there:001_smile:

no what im saying :sneaky2:

if i get stuck like many others on arbtalk ,i can ask :thumbup:

Also had an MS250 in, it would fire and run for seconds with loads of smoke, I suspected fuel contamination with diesel so changed the fuel. It then wouldnt start and on turning the saw over on it's side would piss out fuel from the air filter manifold.

:thumbup::thumbup:Stuck needle valve I thought so stripped the carb and yup, spot on , so cleaned the needle, resited the needle and metering arm and after a bit of messing around, it fired and ran:thumbup:

Just remember that it isn't just about tools, kit etc, you also need an insight in to what all the engine components do and how a stroker works - I guess if you have had motorbikes you will have some knowledge of engines and the rest you will learn:thumbup:[/QUOT

Yes i agree bout tools

i have some knowledge, but willing to learn:sneaky2:

We all have to start somewhere

ive got a really nice workshop and i enjoy being out there:001_smile:

no what im saying :sneaky2:

if i get stuck like many others on arbtalk ,i can ask :thumbup:

Mmm, a friend in need is.............a pain in the arse:lol::lol:

I am sure you will be asking many questions in the future:001_rolleyes::lol: