A good rope for winter?

MattyF

With the cold weather fast approaching I'm looking for a winter rope, some thing that's not 11 m and still light.. Using tachyon and fly But Want some thing easy to grip when it's soaking wet and it's freezing cold so looking at Samson arbor master against the new England hi vi or some maybe some more imori ... Probably a bit to thin but also looking at the poison ivy.

It was the long ascents on the VT that gave me arm problems, so I used a tape sling between my bridge and HC last winter, which means you can grab a hank of rope and pull from below, even wearing thickish gloves.

I've recently done exactly the same under my Lockjack. Really makes ascents much easier being able to take big pulls.

I have 13mm XTC Fire which is a bit too thick for the Lockjack. Also, to me, it feels super slippy when wet.

Need to change to something around 12mm but not sure what.

You guys having summer ropes and winter ropes! What a bunch of tarts:lol: