Chopper-Gooders

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm climbing on 2 systems,

lockjack accompanied buy 50m of new england tachyon, with custom RG made buy arbtalks old snake and for the pulley i use a DMM Pinto,

then 45m marlow aries with HC/on VT with Art RG,

then for a redirect i like being flexible some times the M method

or an isc double pulley,

or old school natural crotch with the end of my line with prussik/blakes or i do sometimes set up a micro pulley with either distel/VT/klemhiest.........ect...

i take my hat of to anyone who still climbs on a basic prussik.......

but at the same time i'm thinking .......PLONKERS !!!:lol:

Just jesting........:001_smile:

i grew up in the arb industry were things was on the change from 3 strand rope to modern day rope, after watching my old man struggle with the crap they used to use...... all i can say is thank god for EVOLUTION .....:thumbup:

so the pully is there to push up the knot??

this is a big help in advancing my climbing and saving my aged (23) yr old bones ha!

Anything that helps is a good one!

What size rope is best suited for the vt/hc/ french system 12mm?? with a 8/10 mm eye to eye

Yes mate it advances the hitch up for you if pulled from underneath your system......slack tending

any size rope is ok but i find an 11mm/11.5mm rope the 8mm double spliced eyes are better but anything like 12mm/13mm then 10mm hitch cord is fine.

Yes the pulley advances the prussic and saves you having to hold the running end of the rope with one hand while you slide the prussic up.

If you climb and make your rope slack then you take up the slack (tend) which is what the pulley does hence it being called a slack tender.

If Im out by a margine then any Members please feel free to correct Me :thumbup1:

how do u get a rope guide out of the tree?? and its job is to be smooth and friction less? is it using a cambium saver yeah?? i am going to purchase a hc vt kit i think or purhaps a micro pully to make a french because of the price to see if i like..

thanks for the mass of replys i do like pretty things aswell which helps

I use a similar kind of system to this but not so much of the shiny metal stuff, more done with ropes and stuff. Treetools has one of the set ups but can't remember who makes it. Anyway, back to the point, they are excellent for reducing the friction when ascending the tree. You can pretty much just hand over hand haul yourself up without too much energy wastage.