need to vent my anger on here

Czlowiek Drzewo

This is just the reality of working for commercial clients, I have waited 6months on several occasions. Often factors will invioce their client and only pay on receipt of the funds to them.

I currently have £17k outstanding.

Just chill, you'll get it in the end.

yeah you are all prob right. will drop in with invoice myself this week and if its not payed i suppose i'll go down the small claim court route.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have now read all posts.

the black and white is = small claims court or dump it on doorstep

what about the green and orange options?

to understand this you will need to back down a bit, and take an objective view, imagine from the point of view of being 45ft in a tree and watching 2 men argue and then have a fight.

while you think 'if he kicks him there' or 'if they just thought this' or 'those children are crying'

from a legal point, to be in the position of victim and now agressor by dumping the rubbish - you may find the council will be on your back - and ask yourself 'what will they gain?' if the council or other contractor picks up the timber etc.

who are you talking to with regards to factoring company? or is just a series of bumped calls?

have they paid you anything?

They have not paid anything,

I have spoke to the manager last week and then again today. He pretended like i never called before.

Just block their cars into their car park at the end of the day and demand payment before you'll able to move! I wouldn't dump anything on their site.

Small claims court is something I'd do today if I was you. They can't put that action off unless they pay up, although they'd still have some time to pay.

samll claims court causes time and money!

You need to show that you hav done everything you can to get payment yourself.

It does cost a bit, but it isn't expensive. It doesn't take long either. http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

You don't need to do lots of chasing before hand. All you need is a "letter before action" which basically says that the amount is outstanding and unless they pay you will take them to court. Or "commence proceedings against you in the County Court" if you want to be formal :)

In my experience that is likely to do the trick. If not, actually getting the court papers may do it. I've done this a few times and only got to court once.

Once you have a judgement there's no absolute guarantee that you'll get the money but you can send the baillifs in which can be quite satisfying.

We had an almost identical thread a week or so ago. Must be silly season!

Utter bollocks. It's their waste. It still belongs to them.

The threat to tip it will have the chequebook out like Usain Bolt getting off the blocks.

It's worked for me before with a firm of solicitors.

All this talk of getting lawyers involved etc. is from people who don't understand how these reptiles actually operate.

I have been in the same situation before on a couple of occasions. You will be suprised how effective a personal visit to the office can be. It is easy to ignore a phone call, message, email or whatever. But to have a physical pressence makes the matter more urgent.

Do not be offensive or angry, just turn up ask to see whowever you have been dealing with, then sit in reception until you get to explain why you are there, have a copy of your invoice ready.

Does no harm to block a couple of cars in as you park as well, kind of gets the point across that you are not leaving until its resolved.

Hope you get it sorted , I know how frustrating it can be.

Utter bollocks. It's their waste. It still belongs to them.

The threat to tip it will have the chequebook out like Usain Bolt getting off the blocks.

It's worked for me before with a firm of solicitors.

All this talk of getting lawyers involved etc. is from people who don't understand how these reptiles actually operate.

Yeah i think old school when it comes to these type oof issues.

All this legal stuff takes time and costs money to busy trying to earn a living than chase up payments with endless letters...but won't let feckers walk over me by just letting it go.

I'll go in one more time and ask them nicely for cheque...if they don't pay i'll tip!