SMILE! Your on Camera!

Jarbman

So today we were working at a customers house, removing a beack and a large connifer. then the neighbor comes out and starts to say that the trees are protected. despite the fact the customer had explained to my boss that there was a ten year planning order on the house(bought as development land) which meant no work could be done on the trees withought permisson.

After a call to the tree officer and an hour of tools down, the guy still did not believe that it was ok to work. so filmed us working from an upstairs window in his house!

Now, as i only have 1 years exp working in the arb industry i was just wondering how often do people find this happening? and what do they do about it?

Me, i just smiled to the camera everynow and then! :001_smile:

ive had this a few time to happens every so often in life so i decide to make it clear the i know im being filmed by giving them a wave and put my tumb up and if i see them out i say can i have a copy of the video and say if your going to try and get me into trouble here my business to make sure that you get the right person

If any of your staff are under the age of 18 they are covered under the child protection act and can only be filmed with parental consent.

I know of a farmer that empties septic tanks for cash on the side, once he was doing one and a neighbour come out filming him and saying he was going to report him to the authroities. The farmer had his 12 year old son with him and replied should he call the police as the neighbour had been taking pictures of a minor. Said neighbour soon went away!