unimog cherry pickers

Stephen Blair

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone on here had experience with them, £ for £ they look great value.

If they are from Utility then maintenance is going to be good.

Thoughts please from experienced operators and owners:thumbup1

:Mercedes Benz Unimog Lift Cherry Picker Insulated Boom | eBay

doesnt look very good platform though alright if you could get right up against the tree, but even then its not very tall by looks of it.

I know its limits, its for using as a cherry picker with the added bonus of being on a mog.

Tyre inflation kit,4x4, hydraulic front winch, rear pto, lockers, 3 man cab and special vehicle advantages.

I do loads of big rd side hedges and every year i get more and more scunnered standing on vehicle roofs, finding scaffold and making an easy job hard with the wrong kit. it is not to stop climbing but to rattle the accessible jobs quicker and easier( Huck contain yourself please:sneaky2::laugh1:)

I think it would be really handy.

I just spoke to Alex price and he said the achillies heal is the transfer box and rear prop /dif.

If anyone is an Hampshire, knows machines and wants a few quid for looking over 1 for me then drop me a PM:thumbup1:

I know its limits, its for using as a cherry picker with the added bonus of being on a mog.

Tyre inflation kit,4x4, hydraulic front winch, rear pto, lockers, 3 man cab and special vehicle advantages.

I do loads of big rd side hedges and every year i get more and more scunnered standing on vehicle roofs, finding scaffold and making an easy job hard with the wrong kit. it is not to stop climbing but to rattle the accessible jobs quicker and easier( Huck contain yourself please:sneaky2::laugh1:)

I think it would be really handy.

I just spoke to Alex price and he said the achillies heal is the transfer box and rear prop /dif.

If anyone is an Hampshire, knows machines and wants a few quid for looking over 1 for me then drop me a PM:thumbup1:

I would think looking at the pics and the fact that you have some come back on the dealer they would be quite good. I am looking for a nice mog but needs to be 1700 upwards. I think you will be suprised how little torque and power the engine has even to drag itself along. Its only a 4 or 5 cyl not the 6 cyl lugger that was in the old u1000 . 100hp is small for a 1600kg van now so in a 10 tonne lorry a bit painful. We are an hour from Bournmouth I know some good engineers who may go and have a look for you. I do know a mobile mog mech who has a rep for being the best in the country .

That would be great Steve, i know what you are saying about the feedback but i would rather someone drop the oil out her and take a looksy and a little run along the rd.

I am not after speed, just a moggy picker.

This guy has 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BbeikdJbGI&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL9822B876C4724B25]Felling a tree using a UNIMOG with a cherry picker and chainsaws - YouTube[/ame]