Absolutely spitting feathers

Dean Lofthouse

dean if its any consulation my man next door is still ringing the l/a coz we have a yard full off logs, had a 360 in last week & complained about that ,think thats were the waste ticket complaint came from all hes doing now is wasting l/a time & money

They'll have his card marked eventually Johnny, the more they complain the less influence they have and the more the LA will see your side of things

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this happens an awful lot more than Land Registry seem to know. My dad owned a large paddock to go with his house since 1963, when he died his neighbours popped out and moved the fence reducing the size of the paddock, and squaring their garden nicely. We asked them to move the fence back, and they produced papers from Land Registry saying they owned it. Our solicitors investigated the situation, and after a while it was proven that as the land hadnt been sold or given to them, it still belonged to the reg owner from 1963, us! What really peed us off was that they waited for him to die b4 making a move, thinking we would have no idea of the boundaries.

I phone the land registry lawyer today and he basically said put in a counter, if you have the deeds and can prove your boundary and use of the land there shouldn't be a problem.

He has registered title to the land which shows he is in possession but doesn't neccessarily mean he is the legal owner. :confused1:

Apparently they are not obliged to write to you :scared1:

It's all very confusing, so as soon as these muppets at the bottom of the drive move their wagon I'll pass everything on to my solicitor to deal with, it's giving me headache. :001_smile:

Has he shown you a "possesory title" or a "title absolute"? The former need at least 12 years with no challenge whilst the latter is complete ownership that cant be challenged.

We purchased a plot with a possessory title & the sellers had to supply us with an indemnity policvy incase some one came along before the 12 years from traceable ownership was up. We have now had it for 5 years, they had it before that for 9 & we also now know the prevous owner has had it for longer than both of us together.

Justme

I've just given everything to the solicitor but I'm certain it was possessory title. The LR Lawyer said one option would be to "Close" this new title :confused1: whatever that means, then I presume it would revert back to the general boundary between the two peices of land, the general boundary being the stream

Unbelievable!

So I take it that if I spot a nice bit of land I can apply for it and possibly own the thing :confused1:

Do you think that you can get the money back that you will have to pay the solicitor to deal with it?

That's how it sounds, you can apply for title for a piece of land and if no-one challenges it in the time period it's yours.

The solicitor costs I will have to stomach as I can't take him to court to claim costs because he's done nothing illegal

That's how it sounds, you can apply for title for a piece of land and if no-one challenges it in the time period it's yours.

Right then I'm off to stick my flag in a few nice spots :001_smile:

The solicitor costs I will have to stomach as I can't take him to court to claim costs because he's done nothing illegal

There seems to be no logic in having to pay to get your own land back and him not being liable :sad: