If You Run A Tree Business - This Affects You

Mr Ed

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have very little to say on this other than pikes wont be filing for a waste licence:confused1: and there a big part of the problem IMO

hunt them down and shoot em :sneaky2:

They also have no insurance,no tickets,pay no tax or ni and cause murder, so no waste license aint a big deal .

They do need shooting though :001_tongue:

disclaimer (I'm talking about the vast majority not the small amount of decent ones) :thumbup1:

Now the pressure needs to be put on those who tip and burn in paddocks and farms.

??? why is this not deemed professional? Cannot quite see how burning of green waste, as opposed to chipping or shredding is an issue, so long as its carried out responsibly. Burning has been the traditional method of waste disposal for aeons, and in fact is probably more environmentally friendly than a diesel burning chipper.

PS its also less likely to spread fungal spores if its burned than if chipped, then spread around healthy trees in future. Burning also creates potash, a valuable nutrient for plants.

PPS and you cant cook on a chipper

because its against the law Andy.

unles you have yourself a waste transfer licence and an exemption certificate.

Its been illegal to burn hauled in waste on farms etc for several years.

They also have no insurance,no tickets,pay no tax or ni and cause murder, so no waste license aint a big deal .

They do need shooting though :001_tongue:

disclaimer (I'm talking about the vast majority not the small amount of decent ones) :thumbup1:

several have been arrested for the killing of a pensioner in Landford near Salisbury, just went in his house robbed and beat the old guy , he died.

one lived a few miles away from me.

that seems ok to me and will that mean we can use your waste license as well or will you need a brokers licence as well

He'll definately have to apply for an exemption.

Already applied for an exemption :001_smile:

you might as well change that sign from 'free wood chip' to 'im a tree surgeon, come rob me or fly tip'!

Why's that then?

What are they going to rob, my trees in the wood. Oh shite, your right, someone tried robbing two this week but I caught him. :001_tongue:

Seriously though, I have signs at the bottom of my drive saying tree surgery, no problems with robbing, I have an advert as we all do, no problems with robbing, my yard has two containers with nothing really worth nicking, they have tried to rob them but there's nothing but the tractor and brew kits in them. I leave them open when I'm there for all to see so no-one wastes their time, I'm considerate like that.

If someone wants to rob you they will, they don't needs signs to tell them where your gear is

secondly, if you take tree waste back to your yard, you need a paragraph 21 exemption certificate for processing controlled waste -

Ed,

When you spoke to the EA, did you discuss para 21 exemption for chipping brash on the site of production, using chips as mulch or just scattering to get rid? Do you need para 21 exemption for that? Do you need a separate exemption for every site you work on, or will one exemption for chipping cover all of your firm's chipping? It's something I want to ask them at my end, tomorrow, but I've found EA inconsistent between offices in the past.

As far as waste goes, click on "SEPA guidance: is it waste?" - on this pageif you want to know how the EA work it out. It's a pdf file, and nails every argument I've heard for tree surgery not being waste.

A fire is not against the law, so long as you do not create black smoke, ie burn rubber, oils plastics an so on. It also should not cause statutory nuisance, ie be a regular occasion when the wind always blows in a certain persons direction, but this must be proven. A sensible approach to fires is required. Check the EA's website, in fact they recommend burning woody waste and diseased woody waste. http://www.environmental-protection.org.uk/neighbourhood-nuisance/garden-bonfires/#wa790

Ed,

When you spoke to the EA, did you discuss para 21 exemption for chipping brash on the site of production, using chips as mulch or just scattering to get rid? Do you need para 21 exemption for that? Do you need a separate exemption for every site you work on, or will one exemption for chipping cover all of your firm's chipping? It's something I want to ask them at my end, tomorrow, but I've found EA inconsistent between offices in the past.

As far as waste goes, click on "SEPA guidance: is it waste?" - on this pageif you want to know how the EA work it out. It's a pdf file, and nails every argument I've heard for tree surgery not being waste.

I've also found various ofices inconsistent in their knowledge. I will only deal now with head office in Sheffield.

On site chipping does not need a 21 exemption, its processing it at your yard that requires the exemption.