Famous people you have worked for

Rt400

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felled 6 80ft conifers all down in one for the Olympic Team Doctor, Fantastic Garden, and great bloke. Came out halfway through the job and said, leave all the brash, my gardener will tidy up!! Best job in 3 years. Would not have it when I offered to drop the price either:thumbup::thumbup:

Many years ago....about '82 as an improving tree surgeon I was working with a guy and we had a job to fell a big elm in the garden of the secretary of the Conservative party and sidekick to Maggie Thatcher.

He decided to fell it in one with me as winchman. To cut it short there was too much tension on the winch cable and the tree split off sideways taking out the conservatory, chimney and tiles off the gable end.

We rushed to the house because he and his sister had been standing in the conservatory watching proceedings. Luckily they'd moved quickly but he was being fed heart pills in the kitchen and the framed photo of Mrs Thatcher was shattered. Looking back we saw the funny side but at the time it was scary.

Many years ago....about '82 as an improving tree surgeon I was working with a guy and we had a job to fell a big elm in the garden of the secretary of the Conservative party and sidekick to Maggie Thatcher.

He decided to fell it in one with me as winchman. To cut it short there was too much tension on the winch cable and the tree split off sideways taking out the conservatory, chimney and tiles off the gable end.

We rushed to the house because he and his sister had been standing in the conservatory watching proceedings. Luckily they'd moved quickly but he was being fed heart pills in the kitchen and the framed photo of Mrs Thatcher was shattered. Looking back we saw the funny side but at the time it was scary.

Thank God Thatcher didn't decide to close down the arb industry after that little gem!