New Head teacher

White Noise

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion from my experiences, so its not nonsence. Its my opinion. Just an example: farmer friend of mine was plagued with flytippers, one day he came across an empty transit pickup which had shed its crap in his field and got stuck. He phoned the police and the reply was "Its on private land, nothing we can do "When he said he was going to crush it with his jcb the reply was "do that and we will arrest you". Everything hama quoted is not just his opinion, but fact.

Spot on:thumbup:. The trouble is with this country everyone has to be completely politically correct. The police wont deal with fly-tippers on private land yet they pull over some poor old dear for having a dim brake light. The only method they are allowed to use with riots is "kettling" which makes the situation worse for the peaceful protestors. Why not employ the same system as the German riot police or French riot police. If the rioters are violent be violent back.

My opinion from my experiences, so its not nonsence. Its my opinion. Just an example: farmer friend of mine was plagued with flytippers, one day he came across an empty transit pickup which had shed its crap in his field and got stuck. He phoned the police and the reply was "Its on private land, nothing we can do "When he said he was going to crush it with his jcb the reply was "do that and we will arrest you". Everything hama quoted is not just his opinion, but fact.

Having an opinion doesn't make it true. There are some circumstances in which it has been argued that you don't even have a right to have one (but that's another thread). Surely (don't call me Shirley right?) you must have noticed that your example doesn't support your arguement that Hama's statements are true?

I presume you must be mixing the precise and specific challenge of shoring up Tony's wild accusations up with some generally nebulous anti-modernity rantage.

So you personally know all the teachers in the country?????

Teachers like all professions come in all shapes sizes and types.

When I was at school some were great, some were beyond poor.

My four children are still at school, two in primary and two in high school.

I have be amassed at the standard, passion, dedication and just common decency of most of their teachers.

They know my wife and I back them 100%, they contact us when needed and return my calls if I ring.

Even over the holidays I was contacted by one of my son's teachers asking if he could wanted to come in one morning to get some course work done.

I would not wish to be judged as being the same as many in my profession and don't judge others by some in theirs

No I dont know all of the teachers in the country. I know two closely as previously stated and there is a contrast for starters. One says poor little me I work all the time and even in my numerous weeks holidays I am still working.. and the other who works many late evenings and weekends says that her job is a doddle and easy, so yes they do come in all shapes and sizes but after having had one child go through the system ( now 19 ) and watched him let down numerous times by his teachers ... example: competing for his school individually against 95 other boys at athletics doing events alien to him, after winning the silver medal (against 95 other pupils from different schools) the teachers were on the bus home not knowing that he had been awarded it. On another occasion he wanted to represent his school in another athletics competition and the teacher had to put you forward. When he went to ask to enter the teacher said yes I was going to ask you about that as my son watched him sneak the application form out of the bin. This same teacher forged practical exam results and was caught and subsequently the students were penalised. I watched a new headmaster make a big speech about pupils representing the school in their behavior even outside school hours and then when it suited him say `well we have no control outside school hours`. My daughter who is now 15 has on numerous occasions turned up for meetings with teachers who have failed to show so yes I do think standards have slipped.

This thread has got a bit silly hasn't it?

My personal solution would be a suggestion to the Head about a very slight rule change - no jewelery apart from soft rubber wrist bands supporting approved charities (insert names here if required, the list could be updated as required).

The venomous anti-teacher stuff has no place on this forum IMO.

I personally think that one man's (the Headteacher) interpretation of the rules is wrong here, and it should be pointed out to him, but in an orderly fashion please.