dadio throws a big top

dadio

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my bigger problems I have with your technique is there was a very experience tree cutter in the uk a few years ago who felled trees like you did, the tree split once the top had gone and with his lanyard around the trunk it killed him by being crushed with his lanyard , you can not measure or know the forces inside a peace of timber .... You have no escape route to get out the way , I am aware you had the rope above to prevent barbers chair but that was not once in any of your other vids

You weren't talking about any of my other vids... you were talking about the pine top barber chairing, which was impossible due to the lashing lines.. obviously the integrity of the internal pine fibers was imossible to trust.. however it is fairly easy to judge the force involved with weight and lean of the tree.. and when do we ever "measure" force in a falling situation? You're mind is full of fantasy..

That said, I do need to get a dyno.. I AM confident that the pull on that line never exceeded 20% WLL, which would be about 1,400 lbs..

Small gobs under tension or lean barbers chair.... You gave a reason in your vid and it had nothing to do with barbers chair and the splits going up your hinge it would of happened.... Alot of small gobs in your other vids. Still explain your escape route the golden rule taught in all forestry colleges and courses around the world.....

OK, I'll bite...

anyone that thinks those trees could have been dropped from the ground is a moron.. as is anyone that thinks its a good idea to drop a 80' pine tree through a hedge and across a driveway on a $10-20 million estate, as is anyone that thinks its a good idea to climb, cut and rig such a structurally compromised tree, as is anyone that thinks that pine top could have barber chaired with the blue lines wrapped around the trunk, just above the cut, as is anyone that thinks the camera man was in harms way... you can count the 10 paces he took after the fall, to get anywhere near the block.[/Quote..

how talls your bucket truck? couldnt u have dismantled it with that?

your second video all 4 of the first tree all look as though they would straight fell????

first tree: big tulip by porch.. the LZ was between a small dogwood and the large beech tree... I hedged the fall towards the beech, because minor damage on the beech could easily be fixed, whereas a big tree like the tulip could easily destroy the dogwood.. dogwood is not easy to spot in the video.. as it was there was one 1" limb on the beech that got broken.. the tulip had full sun, no competition and had an extremely wide canopy.. shorting the fall by 6 or 7' was needed to protect the dogwood..

second tree. medium pine by street wires. there were utility lines going to the house, which would have been taken out by the entire tree.. again not easily seen on video

third tree: large tulip spar: clearly visible is a large wound on the base of the tree.. the client had filled the cavity with rocks and cement, whcih wwere removed to the best of my ability, but I still used the stump grinder to shave off the offending material before making the flush cut

fourth tree, maple across road, had a combination of decay in the base, making the hinge untrustworthy and neighbors trees across street with limbs brushing during the fall.. not seen on video..

I can;t believe I just did that.. that has to be at least 10x now!

Small gobs under tension or lean barbers chair.... You gave a reason in your vid and it had nothing to do with barbers chair and the splits going up your hinge it would of happened.... Alot of small gobs in your other vids. Still explain your escape route the golden rule taught in all forestry colleges and courses around the world.....

YOu sir are a fist class idiot and I AM finished with this converation!