seized solid 395

Breezeblock

I have had a large number of seized or semi seized saws through my hands and know of only one that had a bent con rod - I did manage to straighten it to a point that the saw worked 100% fine. The point is that most of the time the saw bottom end survives but these would be heat seized rather than like yours. It is unusual that a bottom end or rod fails due to seizure but you would need to check thsi as previously explained - took me a while to appreciate why I was getting a rocking pop on turning the engine over and why when the head was tourqed down, it was so stiff to pull over!

I havent come accross this sort of damage before and hope that you get it sorted - the shop/dealer that sold it to you should be your first port of call but make sure you keep a good record of how the saw died - samples of the sand, photos of the damage etc - hopefully Husqvarna will sort this for you.

If you get nowhere and need a non OEM kit put on the saw then I can do this work if you can't or havent the time but goodluck with the warranty claim.

i was thinking of the momentum the crank has that the rod would be bent i only removed a tiny bit off debris from the top of the piston and the crank was able to turn you can still feel the tightness at tdc i dont do tree work full time so although the saw is 6 weeks old it is literrally brand new thanks for the offer on fitting the barrel :thumbup:but i quite like doing stuff like that it makes a welcome change from repairing heavy plant:thumbdown:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar situation here last week but put down to negligence. Brand new MS200, less than an hours work on the clock.The new trainees get to do the maintenance every evening when we get back to the yard. One of them didn't locate the air filter cover properly before turning the lock cover so forced it. Obviously didn't fit properly so forced it a couple of times more until a peice of the hardened steel locater broke off. Choke wasn't on and the broken bit was left to rattle around and drop down into the piston. Rattle rattle BANG! At least I'm assuming that's what happened. Not overly impressed but apperently one of the guys had been on a "chainsaw course" so knew how to carry out basic maintenance. Now I have to go back to the very beginnning as far as training is concerned and make sure everything is done properly.

I have had a large number of seized or semi seized saws through my hands and know of only one that had a bent con rod - I did manage to straighten it to a point that the saw worked 100% fine. The point is that most of the time the saw bottom end survives but these would be heat seized rather than like yours. It is unusual that a bottom end or rod fails due to seizure but you would need to check thsi as previously explained - took me a while to appreciate why I was getting a rocking pop on turning the engine over and why when the head was tourqed down, it was so stiff to pull over!

I havent come accross this sort of damage before and hope that you get it sorted - the shop/dealer that sold it to you should be your first port of call but make sure you keep a good record of how the saw died - samples of the sand, photos of the damage etc - hopefully Husqvarna will sort this for you.

If you get nowhere and need a non OEM kit put on the saw then I can do this work if you can't or havent the time but goodluck with the warranty claim.

See what i mean mate you know everything......:thumbup:

my new mechanic, but just happens to live miles away....:lol:

How did you get on???

well i took it back to the dealer told him what happened and he looked at me like i was talking poop as soon as i mentioned seized solid i think his mind was made up he says he will strip it today or tommorow and let me know, i hope its what i want to hear or next stop husqvarna in county durham as i am heading to hartlepool tommorow

Yeah - but the couriers charge £6.00 to ship accross the country - just need to know which one to go to:thumbup:

Lucky my work shop is a mile and a half away even though I still have not given you that pot and piston for the h's 80!

They should do your saw under warrantee I would of thought!! Personally if that happened to me I would want it to go back to the factory and not the dealer any how.