seized solid 395

Breezeblock

cutting down a conifer today next thing bang saw stop dead, pulled the cord seized solid,took it back to the workshop took the silencer off not a mark on the barrel but i was able to turn it backwards took the plug out and poked out some burnt sand this is a new saw it has done 3-4 tankfulls of fuel it didnt run out it has no induction leaks it has seen that little use the air filter hasnt even needed cleaning i think it is casting sand that has been stuck in a transfer port and came out and stopped it dead. warranty case me thinks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody know how much off an ass reaming a barrel and piston is and conrod and crank

The Cylinder will be Nikasil plated and therefore cannot be bored out, hopefuly the crank and rod will be OK - you can tell when you put on the new piston and cylinder - leave the cylinder loose and see if it rocks from side to side when you pull over the saw - you should be able to pull it over at speed with the plug removed with just light pressure on the top of the cylinder.

Fortunately, aftermarket P&Cs are available - OEM ones will be rather expensive.

Make sure you keep the remains of any evidence you have as it will help with getting Husqvarna to do the work unter warranty.

had a look on eblag there are quite a few is there much off a power advantage going from 56mm up to 58mm barrel

spudulike have you heard anything like this before also do u reckon the rod or crank will be damaged by stopping dead at full bore i am not too sure i dont have much experience with 2 strokes i only really work on large diesels, if you stopped one of them like that you would be still picking up the bits yet

had a look on eblag there are quite a few is there much off a power advantage going from 56mm up to 58mm barrel

spudulike have you heard anything like this before also do u reckon the rod or crank will be damaged by stopping dead at full bore i am not too sure i dont have much experience with 2 strokes i only really work on large diesels, if you stopped one of them like that you would be still picking up the bits yet

I have had a large number of seized or semi seized saws through my hands and know of only one that had a bent con rod - I did manage to straighten it to a point that the saw worked 100% fine. The point is that most of the time the saw bottom end survives but these would be heat seized rather than like yours. It is unusual that a bottom end or rod fails due to seizure but you would need to check thsi as previously explained - took me a while to appreciate why I was getting a rocking pop on turning the engine over and why when the head was tourqed down, it was so stiff to pull over!

I havent come accross this sort of damage before and hope that you get it sorted - the shop/dealer that sold it to you should be your first port of call but make sure you keep a good record of how the saw died - samples of the sand, photos of the damage etc - hopefully Husqvarna will sort this for you.

If you get nowhere and need a non OEM kit put on the saw then I can do this work if you can't or havent the time but goodluck with the warranty claim.