Oregon PowerSharp - anyone using it?

hardtop110

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one and started getting all blasé with it like going through roots without a care in the world... and I would say it ain't all that, I know i abused it, but it didn't sharpen very well.. oh and did I mention .... I abused it.

Perhaps stick with a stump grinder and a normal chain for your chainsaw!

If you log on to the powersharp website there is a try for free link!!

they are giving 1000 sets away for free(maybe can't sell em).

type in yer details and select your saw from the list and get a free set, then leave feedback and get another chain set for free aswell!!:001_smile:

type in yer details and select your saw from the list and get a free set, then leave feedback and get another chain set for free aswell!!:001_smile:

Nice one Simon - just signed up :thumbup:

Can't find the link :blushing::confused1:

I used it for hedgelaying as they'd built up a rubble track against the hedge, as well as stapled rabbit-wire to it. I used up two chains in 3 days and was left quite dissapointed. It never got even close to being as sharp as a proper chain and seemed to get blunt much faster, or perhaps I should say "unusably blunt" as it does sharpen really fast, but as soon as you've held it near a nail, or showed it some brick-dust it's proper blunt again straight away.

It's hanging on the wall, on one of those rusty nails, next to the spent silky-blades etc.