My New Steed.

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mick, that's a cracking steed,I've always been a roadie and not very interested in mountain bikes. I'm sure it'll serve you well mate, never ridden carbon my last bike was a Klein Quantum Race, ali alloy and ultra stiff-too stiff for all day comfort.

Bought a Look 595 frameset(cofidis) last year with a view to build my ultimate road bike but had to sell to cover a tax bill:thumbdown:

No experience of sram I"m afraid but read very good reports.

So, a century ride this weekend?

Bit of a derail but are you following the vuelta?

Century ride is out of the question atm, did 45 this morning, half inland then the rest on the coast with a South Westerly cross headwind on the way home.

Semi following The Vuelta, Wiggins has something to prove after crashing out of the TDF. Reckon he could win it.

Hate road riders with a passion as it just doesn't look normal grown men riding around in lycra, and it gets worse when they start wearing sponsors like there in the tour de France.

Sitting on country B roads 4 abreast, every year a group of them gets wiped out, they think theres safety in numbers until some car driver go's straight through them.

I will be sticking to the woods where the worst can happen is me hitting a tree or running over a Labrador.

---

I am here: Google Maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets just keep all roads for motorists then. Grow up son.

Oh is that why i pay road tax because i wear the road out, that's of days gone by and yes bike owners have cars i am one of them your missing my point. It's not the solitary bike rider i have a problem with it's the group of 20 with the Lycra and the sponsors.

Oh is that why i pay road tax because i wear the road out, that's of days gone by and yes bike owners have cars i am one of them your missing my point. It's not the solitary bike rider i have a problem with it's the group of 20 with the Lycra and the sponsors.

How does this possibly affect you??????? :confused1:

How often do you see a group of twenty cyclists? Maybe there's a group of cyclists that wait around for you to jump in yer motor just so they can ride infront of you.

Tell ya what I'll do, I'll get me nan to knit me some nice woollen shorts and a jersey without sponsors and with a bit of luck it'll catch on and might make you see cyclists in a different light.