vat on ppe

agrimog

It's like normal tax, Barrington, but better, because it has added value.

Maybe I should get a job in the City.

It was staring me in the face all the time!!

Just takes a genius to explain it in plain Spanglish.:thumbup1:

So why then does Mrs Smith pay the VAT man to have her conifers trimmed?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touche Mark and if the VAT was scraped all together in your country there would be such an economic BOOM, the likes of which most if not all of Europe could not begin to understand. IMO you pay a VAT tax because your told to, not because there is any actual "Value". How the tax man can claim Value from a tax on most everything ppt included is nearly as illusionary as Jasper Maskelyne during WWII, actual difference Jasper Maskelyne was the real thing. The Tax man is still pretending, getting away with it.

elg

You are a genius, I can’t think why the people in charge in the UK haven’t thought of this already.

If you could just solve this one small issue, what do you propose to do about the shortfall in tax income that will put the country back into the dark ages?

:thumbdown:

You are a genius, I can’t think why the people in charge in the UK haven’t thought of this already.

If you could just solve this one small issue, what do you propose to do about the shortfall in tax income that will put the country back into the dark ages?

:thumbdown:

'the dark ages' .......... i think that describes the current climate fairly well!!

i read recently that france had dropped there version of 'vat' within the construction industry... to eventually increase consumer spending... i can see the sense in that, i look forward to other peoples views!!! :001_tt2:

I've never understood VAT properly, and have been VAT registered and have undergone a VAT inspection. I got pulled up for things like submitting an £85.50 garage invoice when £5.50 was for a packet of Marlboro lights, so I had to return 17.5% of £5.50. Guilty as charged, 96p paid, that should put a smile on the face of the 3-man VAT team it took two weeks to solve that crime of the century.

It's a system open to massive corruption, which is why the politicians love it.

FLAT TAX, AND A BALANCED BUDGET FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. Do not spend more than you bring in. Living within ones means is not really a new concept, just one that has not been practiced by the masses for a long time. would take at least One generation to see any longer term results. Problem is most of the population has been on the dole/public well fare programs for so many generations, that the resistance would be very strong against such a solution. Any how I am not really a genius just willing offer a viable alternative to being taxed into oblivion. I to look forward to other opinions.

easy-lift guy

FLAT TAX, AND A BALANCED BUDGET FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. Do not spend more than you bring in. Living within ones means is not really a new concept, just one that has not been practiced by the masses for a long time. would take at least One generation to see any longer term results. Problem is most of the population has been on the dole/public well fare programs for so many generations, that the resistance would be very strong against such a solution. Any how I am not really a genius just willing offer a viable alternative to being taxed into oblivion. I to look forward to other opinions.

easy-lift guy

Your living in the past, stop living in the past Marge.

I understand your meaning but many people life in some dire 'means' they need to expand and move out and up.

Things were bad in the past, lets not forget that.