Navara problems - anyone else any experience with them?

Big J

I did over 260k miles in a Rodeo with hardly a bit of trouble, leaking gearbox seal at 180k done under warranty. I'm 6ft tall and thought that the seat went back too far for me. Tell the lease man that you want to try one of those!

I'd second that about the Rodeo. Firm I subbed for had one which I used to do the round trip from Essex to Hampshire very comfortably. I'm 6ft 5 :001_smile:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Navara on an 05 plate which was one of the first in the country when it was released. They are not all bad and there are a lot of them out there!!

Done 70K now, it had a new clutch, under warranty as they had an issue with the clutch plate being too lightweight under heavy REVERSING. It really trashes it apparently, so they fitted a heavy duty one which has been fine. I dont do huge amounts of off road but we do have a damn heavy horsebox which was the cause of the reversing problem. I also have a Pathfinder now and that has been fine as well.

The vehicle is good in general, but as you say the dealer network is clearly not customer orientated. Nissan UK send out info on the clutch etc, but the dealership deny it for some reason until you present them with the stuff from Nissan UK.

The problem everyone has with a working vehicle is that when it doesn't it costs you more than just the time it takes to get it repaired!!

There is another recall on at the moment for the Navara, for the alloy wheels. They have had issues with wheels cracking, and in extreme cases shearing/snapping off. This apparently may only occur when severe off road towing has taken place. The recall requires you to take the vehicle to have the alloys inspected, if there are anysigns of cracking they should replace immediately, in my case there were none, but they will replace the alloys in due course anyway. This is on a 6 year old Navara! So there are some good coverage but it is almost always only the bad points that ever come up.

Mine has had the clutch done (warranty) the 4wd warning light come on, which involved sensors on the gearbox (warranty) and the prop shaft UJ's were squeaking badly so I had them replaced. Other than that, its been superb to drive.

Update:

Into the garage again this morning (visit #7). There is nothing that they can do anymore without taking it for a week or two. They can't offer me any courtesy car at all this week, and even when they can, it won't be a 4x4, and even then, it has to come back spotless. Utterly useless given what it's needed for.

So spoke to the lease company and they are going to try to sort out a replacement for the duration of the (I'm hopeful, the final) repair.

If they don't, I'm going to cancel the lease.

What a bloody palava!

You need to read the small print in the lease then. Most leases are held by third party finance companies who have paid the dealer who sold you the vehicle the original sale price. You have a contract with the dealer for the supply and a contract for the finance with the leasing company.

You should think twice about defaulting on the lease before you fully understand the implications of doing so. You are in a much stronger position if the dealer and the finance company are one and the same but that is rare. Just my opinion based upon my knowledge of finance leases, but check it out before you act so you know EXACTLY where you stand

None payment will backfire on you, wanting a new vehicle yes you would think so but to be honest you are a long way from that just now.

Speak to any solicitor worth there salt and they will tell you the same. You could claim against them for lose of earnings and ask for a new vehicle. The only way to show your complete distaste to the way things are going for you would be to leave it with them, but continue to pay it.

Update:

The lease company have been speaking directly to Nissan UK, and Nissan want to offer me a Navara for the duration of the repair, but without any towing capacity. I have a lot of deliveries going out at present, so that's mostly useless, but it's a start. I'll see if they can just fire a van over to me for the time being, as 4x4 capacity isn't too crucial at the moment, whereas load carrying is.

Jonathan

Update:

The lease company have been speaking directly to Nissan UK, and Nissan want to offer me a Navara for the duration of the repair, but without any towing capacity. I have a lot of deliveries going out at present, so that's mostly useless, but it's a start. I'll see if they can just fire a van over to me for the time being, as 4x4 capacity isn't too crucial at the moment, whereas load carrying is.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

i am the owner of two Nissan Navara's and im proud to be able to say that i am 100% hapy with the fact that i am selling them and not getting another Nissan 4x4 for a very very long time , i dont feel that the level of service offered by the dealerships is acceptable when returning a vehicle for faults to be fixed under warranty . My older navara (54plate) required a new bottom end - the dealers words were " Mr Mathews we dont really care if it is a warranty job or not - this is an expensive repair and as long as we get paid the bill (six odd grand) we are happy . when i complained that the truck had mould growing on the interier they simply told me that i should not expect anything more because it had been sat in their compound for over 3 months . i then asked how the truck had gained severa scratches - again i was asked what i expected when it had been parked on their compound for over 3 months

it was at this point my missus decided that she would not be using the 7grand she had in her bag to put down as a deposit for a new one .

as far as i am concerned Nissan can kiss my arse . :thumbdown:

Update:

Jonathan

Hopefully your getting somewhere and this will be the last time Nissan see it, apart from routine servicing that is.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Hi Jonathan

i am the owner of two Nissan Navara's and im proud to be able to say that i am 100% hapy with the fact that i am selling them and not getting another Nissan 4x4 for a very very long time , i dont feel that the level of service offered by the dealerships is acceptable when returning a vehicle for faults to be fixed under warranty . My older navara (54plate) required a new bottom end - the dealers words were " Mr Mathews we dont really care if it is a warranty job or not - this is an expensive repair and as long as we get paid the bill (six odd grand) we are happy . when i complained that the truck had mould growing on the interier they simply told me that i should not expect anything more because it had been sat in their compound for over 3 months . i then asked how the truck had gained severa scratches - again i was asked what i expected when it had been parked on their compound for over 3 months

it was at this point my missus decided that she would not be using the 7grand she had in her bag to put down as a deposit for a new one .

as far as i am concerned Nissan can kiss my arse . :thumbdown:

Very poor indeed. I must say that most of the staff are pretty pleasant, but there is one rude older chap who seems to be most put out each time we are there. I've had a number of heated exchanges with him resulting in me simply requesting to speak to someone else.

I do crave a new 'old' truck. Can anyone do me a pristine, 3000 miles on the clock 1997 Hilux? :laugh1: