firewood processor wanted

Dorset Logger

The chainsaw bar can be a bit of a pain to sharpen,but you can always swap the loop over very quickly on the day and sharpen a spare or two at your leisure - you need to be double jointed with five foot arms to sharpen my Farmi insitu!

Cheers

Steve

its easy to sharpen on the machine ,just take the handle of file & put it on the other end of the file I do it in reverse ,simples :biggrin:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chainsaw bar can be a bit of a pain to sharpen,but you can always swap the loop over very quickly on the day and sharpen a spare or two at your leisure - you need to be double jointed with five foot arms to sharpen my Farmi insitu!

Cheers

Steve

It's been a long time since I've done one, but there was a way of doing the new style farmi's that made it easier to get at in situ - one side was fairly easy to get at, but I think the other one was better to get at if you stood at the front of the machine rather than the back (or something like that) - was a bit of a revelation once I'd sussed it :001_smile:

It's been a long time since I've done one, but there was a way of doing the new style farmi's that made it easier to get at in situ - one side was fairly easy to get at, but I think the other one was better to get at if you stood at the front of the machine rather than the back (or something like that) - was a bit of a revelation once I'd sussed it :001_smile:

Hi Chris

Not tried it from the front,Oooo errr,still seems like a long stretch to me,I've thought about bolting a spare bar to the front of the machine somewhere to sharpen the chain on.

Cheers

Steve

Somebody I know down here has a hakki pikke 60 for sale it has done nothing from new really good condition he wants 3500 for it but remember it's manual in feed take a 30 cm log don't know much about this machine apart from it probably hasn't put 20 tons through it if you are interested pm me it's near southampton new forest

Somebody I know down here has a hakki pikke 60 for sale it has done nothing from new really good condition he wants 3500 for it but remember it's manual in feed take a 30 cm log don't know much about this machine apart from it probably hasn't put 20 tons through it if you are interested pm me it's near southampton new forest

pm sent.. thanks..

• 2 years later...