Hello from Loadhandler UK - for the pickup truck unloader

LoadhandlerUK

Hi Chaps,

A first post after our revolving ad above to let you know we've been appointed the dealer in UK, France etc for the Loadhandler pickup unloader.

We've brought a container load over - mostly the new 2200M model (1 tonne max) which is the one necessary for most of our trucks here, the Hiluxes, Rangers etc - plus a few larger models and the really big 3000 which we're going to try and 'bracketise' for Ifor Williams and similar non-tip trailers and we want to try and develop some brackets for flat beds and other arb trucks for logs and chips.

We've also got a load of spares for all models plus manuals and have also brought over the 'Bedrake' too for cleaning liners but at present we need to work out just what liners they fit :confused1:. We operate (for the last 60+ years) out of Sevenoaks, Kent and have a full engineering facility there, aiming to despatch kit that has been ordered online from the new Loadhandler UK website LoadHandler UK - The Pickup Truck Unloader in the UK Buy a pickup 'Load Handler' onlineor by telephone or email either the same or next working day by Business Post or DHL.

Also the idea of registering here as a supplier is to provide a technical back-up on the systems for applications, sizing, problems, feedback etc rather than trying to stuff a sales pitch down your throats. Hopefully the website will do that job! We've sold a few already before the website was launched (last Monday) and are desperate for some UK pictures of the system in use for logs, woodchip, mulch etc to replace the US ones we've had to use to get started. We've got the distribution rights for an initial 3 years with an option to renew if it goes well. We're optimistic that it will be a popular bit of kit.

Thanks all

Curtis

Loadhandler UK

Galbraith Bros (PE) Co Ltd

E3 Chaucer Business Park

Sevenoaks

Kent

TN15 6YP 01732 763637

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to use any of [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6mlCw8Vhc]Unloading - YouTube[/ame] please be my guest but you'll need to blur the face of the youth.

But I won't take umbridge at a 'thanks but no thanks'!

Jon

Caterham

Hi Curtis, would that work on an indespension 8x4 trailer? My friend has 1 but its hard to unload and he can not afford a tipper.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the enquiry. The new 'standard' model of the LH2200m has a roller width of 5' but can be shortened. The 'dragsheet' as it's called is 42” (107cm) wide so that would be ideal. It's max load capacity is 1000Kg.

So it would work ok but what your mate would need to do is to hash up a way of either having a mock wooden 'tailgate' for the unit to clamp to or to knock up a couple of brackets e.g. from box tube to suspend the unit outboard. It works like a horizontal roller blind so the roller needs to be mounted at the very end of the trailer just as if it had a tailgate in the horizontal position.

If he's ok with d.i.y. many people in the US have them on trailers (see the bottom right hand photo on the gallery page of the website) and we intend to try and develop some bracketry that's universal for trailers. There's a great potential there.

Get him to look at the site and the gallery picture. The trailer in the picture has the sheet much narrower. With a 4' trailer and a 42" wide sheet of the 2200M he would cover all but 3" either side.

With all Loadhandlers the key to successful unloading is to have 'slippability' of the dragsheet over the bed. So if the trailer (or pickup) bed is ropey then a sheet of plywood, plastic, laminate etc will help the sheet slide when loaded. Also any material that's left at the side can be raked out easily.

Hope that helps. The 2200M is £110 + £12.50 delivery + vat

Curtis

If you want to use any of
please be my guest but you'll need to blur the face of the youth.

But I won't take umbridge at a 'thanks but no thanks'!

Jon

Caterham

Jon, thanks we will use that if you don't mind because it gives a good idea of what can be done with the Loadhandler and we have nothing like that on the site. I'll try and get Gary our website guy to blur the face of your helper as you ask.

How long have you had your unit and are you happy with it? Although of course we didn't supply it, we're anxious for feedback and remember us if you need any back-up or spares.

Thanks again :001_smile:

Curtis

Jon, thanks we will use that if you don't mind because it gives a good idea of what can be done with the Loadhandler and we have nothing like that on the site. I'll try and get Gary our website guy to blur the face of your helper as you ask.

How long have you had your unit and are you happy with it? Although of course we didn't supply it, we're anxious for feedback and remember us if you need any back-up or spares.

Thanks again :001_smile:

Curtis

Crack on Curtis - you're welcome. I'll try to get a better vid when I next use it - one showing a full load.

I've had my sheet about 18 months I guess and get a verbal slap from my colleague every time I forget it: for a non-tipping vehicle it's a no brainer when compared to shovelling.

The only wear I've suffered is slight fraying of the open end of the sheet but I was told about that at the time of purchase and it isn't a problem: gaffer tape or hemming will sort it.

I do keep leaving the handle lying about - I've just got it back after leaving it in Enfield! I wonder if a way could be devised of clipping it to the roller for transit. You may have to go posh for that and have a jointed handle that folds into a single length - more cost though I know.

How about a pocket stitched in to end of the sheet (I'm sort of thinking out loud here)?

I think the Loadhandler's time has come in this country; best of luck with it.

Jon