Enjoying your job

Scottie

For me I really love my work everyday . For me i don't class it as work it's just shere enjoyment . The best bits for me is sectional felling on the slimmer trees I really enjoy using my 20 and silky I love the really tall slim trees

and the chogging down .

I really love 99% of my job the other best bit is seeing the customers face really happy with what I have done for them . I have a real passon for my work and really enjoy making there tree / garden look lovley as I can see the fruits of my effort in front of me .

For me it's the best thing I ever did was to get into arb I should of done it years ago .

Littletree:thumbup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the days when the phone don't ring

and everything is going smoothly

meeting up with the lads and it's all smiley faces

when they are seeing that

The health and safety man has been tortured cruely

terrible poetry I know but I couldn't resist it

that would just round it off perfectly if we could torture the health and safety guy my life would be complete:lol:

A good example would be last Friday working with my son 19 yr, on the estate felling in a wood to make a shooting skylight. We talked over a plan to fell as much Sycamore as possible to encourage the spring flowers, with my son doing the felling on large trees, with me as the 'grunt' hauling out with a chain on the quad. It's that long term working relationship in action that's so pleasing.

Besides being an enjoyable day in the woods, it's that Dad satisfaction of watching your son working safely, especially in a chilled 'pro' slow walk away well before the tree would fall. :thumbup1:

I took a lot of pic's and vid's I could put a few up if of interest, I don't want to overdo the proud dad bit.

What did I get out of it?:confused1: Well I borrowed his motorbike before he got up the next day and went out with my old bike gang (ok they are all grey haired now) for 50 miles ride around the Cotswolds:thumbup:

I was just about to do a thread about how i enjoyed today, in fact the last week or so has been great and this looks like the place to put it.

Last Monday after a quite period my phone rang 3 times from other companies needing me asap. I'm now looking at being flat out until mid November. I drove from Malmo in the south of Sweden upto Stockholm, its 650km, and a nice drive if you have time to stretch your legs which i did. I crashed at my mates house with his small army of dogs and worked with him the next day, ate food watched bad movies, next day worked with a mate whom i used to work with back in Oxford for nearly two years and who i havent seen in about the same amount of time. Next day worked for another company up in Stockholm, group of brits there working and a swede or two, met up with some old faces from last years season, went round to another mates house who i havent seen since February, Back to chill out with my mate and his dogs and make plans to take over the world, the friday drove back to Malmo, helped out a woman who had wrecked her car, and waved traffic around (hi vis in the van) till the firebrigade and ambulances showed up. got back to my missus in Malmo to find my shiny new rigging kit had arrived, and my new laptop :) Chilled out for a few days, did some quotes in Malmo and now i'm in a place called Emmaboda just shy of 300km from Malmo working for another company doing rail clearance which involves being out in the forests and having an easy time of it, playing with my new rigging kit today, found the lower jaw of a wild boar by the rail road track ( the missus is a dentist and loves this kind of stuff) and then got to my cosy house where i'm being put up (best digs i've had when working away for a long time) to find this e-mail in my inbox.... the translation will follow.

Hej!

Tack, äntligen någon som vet vad han pratar om.

Jag tycker detta låter som en bra plan för trädet och priset låter också rimligt. Boka gärna in oss när det passar dig. Jag är mamma ledig och nästan alltid hemma, vill gärna träffa dig och lära mig mer om trädet den dagen du kommer.

Tack på förhand

MVH

Ellen

in english it translates roughly as

Thank you, finally someone who knows what he's talking about.

I think this sounds like a good plan for the tree and price also sounds reasonable. Please book us at your convenience. I am a home mum, and almost always at home, would love to meet you and learn more about the tree that day you will come.

Thanks in advance

MVH

Ellen

In short I like the travel, new towns and places, working for different companies and different places. I'm my own boss, I can choose whom i work for. I enjoy a customer who appreciates that i'm not just some bloke with a chainsaw and a ladder but some one who is a professional. I enjoy all the aspects of running my own company, from moaning about paper work to getting out there and getting the job done! When i put on a t-shirt with my company name on, i feel good. I couldnt work inside full time ever again. I like looking in the catalogues at all the shiny things that i can spend my hard earned money on. I enjoy the fact that tree work has almost a sense of community, a lot of people know a lot of people, and these forums where people offer help and advise and you can also help and advise others. You never really know what the day is going to throw at you and getting through the day and getting home. Its all good.

I've rambled enough...but when things go good this job is the dogs nadgers!

Edited by Dilz