APF no MUD

bob

Sorry mate I diasagree I'll say it til i'm blue in the face its primarily a forestry show. Therefore forestry should be the prime exhibit. I get sick to death of hearing arb guys want more climbing at a forestry show.

Matt, there isn't a brick wall between Forestry and Arb.

3Dogs is a forester that is an excellent climber and also does Arb. There are crossovers in both trades. Just because you don't climb doesn't mean other foresters don't.

Its a bit of a selfish attitude to dismiss one trade off against the other and not helpfull at all. Don't take this the wrong way mate, but If we all had your attitude attendances would have been very sparce

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve - we do but I fail to see why the arb lads insist on changing a forestry show? when no one is asking for the AA to change to a forestry show?

Another way of looking at it for example is Lee to turn up to a landy show and moan there isn't enough ford ranger stuff there. that's like arborists changing the apf.

And anyway steve your point works both ways as for all the arb lot that have winged about the demo circuit why not just avoid that! - but then is the answer to have both shows on the same site with split admission costs? rather than adding more arb stuff and putting up the ticket price which is probably what will happen.

From the view point of someone that carrys out more forestry type work it seems tree surgeons think they are god and rule every roost.

I've had my rant I won't persuade people to my view point so I'll be off to enjoy my sunday!:001_smile:

true it is a foresters show but its evolving, it would be pi** poor without all the woodcraft, arb stalls, smaller chipper stands and also monkeys fav the mewp stands. not to mention the copy of ESSENTIAL ARB you get on arrival............but im not biatching

Matt, there isn't a brick wall between Forestry and Arb.

3Dogs is a forester that is an excellent climber and also does Arb. There are crossovers in both trades. Just because you don't climb doesn't mean other foresters don't.

Its a bit of a selfish attitude to dismiss one trade off against the other and not helpfull at all. Don't take this the wrong way mate, but If we all had your attitude attendances would have been very sparce

Dean, not saying there should be a brick wall I'm just saying that there seemed to be enough arb stuff there to the naked eye, just like people ares saying there was to much forestry kit, we'd have actually liked to have seen a few more scrub clearence demos's but hey thats life!

Even the forestry lads were saying the Demo ciruit was crap this year though.

Perhaps the fault of fuel prices and not the Arb lot.

We in arb don't just use a rope and harness Matt, we do occasionally have a use for big machinery, timber transport, ground clearance, forwarding etc etc.

Mr Ed, would after all be twiddling his thumbs without his big boys toys :001_tongue:

I thought it was pretty good, went yesterday and bought a Hobbs block and an art rope guide, looked at lots of firewood processors and other bits and bobs. I might not buy a processor for 18 months but now i have seen them working I have a much better feel for whats out there. Thats what these shows are all about.

Dean, we were saying the demo circuit wasn't as good as Ragley 04 & 06 I'm sure fuel prices are a big part of that even Red is to dear to be burning on demo after demo..

It would perhaps be nice if on APF years the AA could hold the trade fair at the same location? it does mean two different organisations working together though. That would also have the benefit of the AA being fairly central as opposed to southern bias?

Perhaps also there should be two smaller demo loops, small medium sized kit on one and big kit on the other, not seperate them as two different industries but to make it easier to pick and chose and have a tea break in between?? drinks stopps were few and far between on this years demo circuit.

I'm sure your right Steve, I saw one local Tree Surgeon walking away from a Stall with an armfull of saws, blowers and hedgecutters and it weren't Jonsies.

Oh no you mean i must have missed a sale!

Dammit.

Sorry i missed a lot of you didn't mean to be rude but i was a little bit busy. We had an excellent show.