London riots!

Frankie Lawrence

It's a good and valid article, but it's not surprising. I don't know why people are shocked that those in power exploit it - it's always been the case. To say that moral responsibility is something that once existed in the wealthiest echelons of society and no longer does is nonsense.

I would argue that one of the primary issues these days is the aspiration to things that are completely irrelevant. For instance, the celebration of celebrity culture, the aspiration to acquire wealth for no purpose other than to be wealthy and the goal to live the life of a footballer (no pun intended).

Many of these issues mean that those at the top act without apparent thought to consequence, and those at the bottom seek to emulate just that.

Or the other, simpler explanation is that most people are a bunch of merchant bankers! :laugh1:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story from the Telegraph is both sad and true. Could have been written here in the states and often is referred to white/blue collar crime.

Back in the 70"s it was the " me generation " or "Pepsi Generation, I want it now" Many got it than and never learned what to do with it afterwards except squander it away and cry like babies even more when they did not get their way. Same to with government when they to did not get their way weather it be for an increase in taxes for additional services or programs cry and blame. We the people voted most of this scum into office perhaps with good intent on our parts but by the same token wanting certain things to take place for a better society overall. The people are and must assume the role of adults and can and should be held accountable for their kids and the elected officials placed in office by their vote. If you are doing something wrong than you must be punished, and it must be consistent. Anything less equals more of the same, different generation with less responsibility and accountability.

elg

"And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

the police - comments

policy - reversing whats been said on cuts

talking his way out at every turn

He has reversed nothing about cuts, he has stuck to his guns and said they should make the savings in none front line stuff.

Talking his way out off what???

He was not smashing windows, burning homes and stealing stuff :001_rolleyes:

You sound like one of the mums blaming every one but their kids:sneaky2:

hardly, flamer

the costs of rehousing, keeping in prison, tagging, insurance, is coming out of our pockets not thiers.

and when a model of helping the disadvantaged persons who feel hard done by for not owning a 42in Flat tv, get what they want - what happens to the rest of us?? we foot the bill for that aswell.

i aint moaning, i'm moving.

over and out:lol:

:confused1::confused1::confused1: