Ginja

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think in this line of work, with the quilted blinking trousers we have to wear, it's very very difficult to stay cool. I personally have always had a problem with overheating (I won't put a jumper on to work in unless it's below freezing) and always used to cut without a shirt on. Eventually, the forestry manager got sick of half naked cutters prancing about the woods and insisted on a top for 'protecting us against scratches'! :laugh1:

I'm just about used to it again now, but anything over 18 degrees is utterly, unbearably warm. I genuinely do not know how people in hotter climes manage.

Jonathan

It all depends on whats normal dress:sneaky2: Years ago when I worked on a deepsea oil tanker engine room up the gulf it was so hot that normal work dress was a pair of cotton overalls undone - no pants (ok the gay's wore frilly nickers) dish cloth around your head as a sweat band but evenings were tropical uniform, that was the code.

Whether you are in a bike gang or you are a city gent there is always a natural code of dress, so any dress policy needs to be sorted out with workers if it's going to be acceptable and worn:thumbup1:

I think in this line of work, with the quilted blinking trousers we have to wear, it's very very difficult to stay cool. I personally have always had a problem with overheating (I won't put a jumper on to work in unless it's below freezing) and always used to cut without a shirt on. Eventually, the forestry manager got sick of half naked cutters prancing about the woods and insisted on a top for 'protecting us against scratches'! :laugh1:

I'm just about used to it again now, but anything over 18 degrees is utterly, unbearably warm. I genuinely do not know how people in hotter climes manage. Jonathan

I'm with you there. Can't cope with the heat in these duvet trousers.