What a con!

simonm

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy in the workshop next to mine is an auto electrician. He charges a tenner for a lost code which I think is reasonable. His gear for all the codes/ecu faultfinding etc comes to about 20k. Its a hell of a lot of money as he has to buy 3 or 4 different machines as one will not cover all makes of cars and every few years has to upgrade his kit.

Mike

If someone who had tried to save money buy doing tree work and screwed it up rang Me to sort the problem, then My minimum charge would be £60 which is 1 hour but If I said £20 and they grumbled about it I would probably start a thread on here about how tight people are getting :sneaky2:

They get the code by entering the serial number of the radio unit into a code generator for that particular type of radio. The most common radios in Transits have serial numbers starting with an M. Takes about three seconds to do, and there are code generators available on the net. If you don't want to do it yourself, there are threads running on virtually every Ford forum (and I guess on other manufacturers fan forums too) where people just ask for a code and someone does the three seconds work for them for nowt.

I've found the generator for M series units now, so if yours is one of them, just let me know the serial no.

Andy

Did some welding on my transit today. disconnected the battery reconnected it after guess what...radio wants keycode and i havent got it! rang fords who want £20 plus vat to give me the code!

Ditto what County4X4 says. I also have a Ford code generator downloaded off the net. If you can post the 7 digit serial no. off the radio, then one of us will be able to post you the relevant unlock code mate. :thumbup: