Tips on repairing throw bag

Lancstree

I find that throw bags only take so many hard impacts and need either replacing or repairing. If I miss the target (often the case!) and the bag comes back down freely I usually untie it so that I can pull the line out without dropping the bag from height. I do this for the longevity of the bag and also it lessens the chance of getting it snagged.

At the min I've got a bag that has split along the stitching and inside there is a rubber liner that contains the lead shot, and that has a hole in it so its losing weight. Tomorrow I will re-stitch the bag knowing full well that it will not last too long.

Does anyone repair their bags in any other way than stitching? I was thinking perhaps covering it with something more hard wearing and using a zip tie to seal it over though that would create an extra snag point.

i have owned 2 in 13 years and until last year i worked with it constantly on the end of my line . When i pull it out the tree with either the rope or throw line i break its fall with my foot or catch it.:001_smile:

I think they are about £8 so i would not be spending my valuable arbtalk time with a needle and thread:001_rolleyes:

I would duck tape it:thumbup1:

once used half a roll of black insulation tape to repair a pvc bag that was bleeding lead fast. it was a very cold day and had split the bag, the next throw split the newly taped bag down the same line. i would recommend a new bag rather than insulation tape. also use the cloth bags not the pvc coated cloth bags.

i have owned 2 in 13 years and until last year i worked with it constantly on the end of my line . When i pull it out the tree with either the rope or throw line i break its fall with my foot or catch it.:001_smile:

I think they are about £8 so i would not be spending my valuable arbtalk time with a needle and thread:001_rolleyes:

I would duck tape it:thumbup1:

same here. they are hard wearing and if you are breaking so many that its worrying you then your doing something wrong, either that or you got your throw bags from mickey mouse:001_rolleyes:

I used to use hockey tape. It is nylon and holds up well. It tears easily when stressed perpendicular to the roll. so it will need to roll it in all directions.

Just a thought. Super glue or gorilla glue something a bit rubbery may help to strengthen the fabric.

Like that old shirt or jeans you won't trash, the fabric has a shelf life and no matter how many times you stitch it up, it keeps tearing.