Any Jet Ski Owners????

Lorry thompson

As title any jet ski owners on here?

Couple of the boys went halfies on one and are getting bored we are thinking of chipping in on a couple more around £1500-3000 mark. Looking for recommendations on models or which ones to stay away from:) I quite like the look of the Kawasaki ultra 150 at the minute cheers

I saw a family with one in spain 20 years ago. Dad was zooming around on it off the beach (costa fortune/southern spain) being a knob. Then late in the day the 12 ish year old daughter wants a go, mum says no but she screams, dad puts her on it and holds the handles and lets her go round in circles around him just sitting on it with him controlling everything. Fine.

So then 8 ish year old daughter wants a go. Mum says no way!! And she screams even louder than the first one. Dad lifts her on to it (engine still runing the whole time) she leans forward and grabs the handle bar and I assume its a thumb throttle, she grips that as well and she is off before dad can get hold of it.

When is say "off" I mean gone! flat out fast out to sea towards Morocco. Mums hysterical dad is in shock, everybody screaming. The whole beach has been watchig these morons, so everybody is up and yelling for someone to do something.

A couple of speed boats from further down the beach head off after her but she is seriously miles away and gripping on for dear life. If she had let go she would be ok but her reaction is to grip on!

Eventually we could see her come round in a huge arc and headed back towards spain (more like Gibralter) and she went through a load of parked boats and hit the beach a couple of miles further down. Ambulances were all waiting by this time and mum and day had ran that way to see whats was left of her.

Never found out if she died or not, but I guess they dont have a jetski anymore, probably not a marriage either.

I suppose it's just like all other things with an engine, treat it with respect, don't be a knob and you'll be ok. These are like cars in many ways, but without a license, without a zone other water uses will avoid (a "road"), and with the added danger of the water.

I think these need to be licensed or banned personally, as the average jet-ski seems to be controlled by the same people that drive a VW Touareg, they seem ok until the engine starts and then they become completely ignorant to all other forms of life around them.