what do people want!!!

simonm

so my friend is a gardener a new garden hes just took on this year has 30 conifers down 1 side roughly 30-35 foot high the lady who lives there wants about 7 foot taking off the top of them all. he said its too much for him as he wont take on tree work! so i went and priced it up 3 weeks ago worked out 2 men 5 hours van an chipper 2 saws running "alot of leg work" put my price in that was low in my opinion but i was happy with what id come away with. anyway 3 weeks on havent heard a thing back! do you sometimes feel like people want things doing for nothing? i just know our local "saw and ladder man" is going to end up doing it with no qualifications no insurance and no tackle!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took down two Oaks recently for a lady. She accepted my quote, I applied for felling, did the job and gave her my invoice. Then she asked for a discount!

What the f.......!

Anyway, I refused and she paid in full.

why is it 9/10 people wanna try and do you out of money you work dam hard for? makes me laugh

The stock answer should be.....you want £50 off.....what part of the job don't you want done!

Once a deal is struck, unless there are unforseen circumstances, the price should be the price and if there are unforseen circumstances, they are either absorbed or discussed at the time they are found!

Trying to get a discount when the job is done sucks!

People want the world for nothing, and Im one of them!!:laugh1:

No seriously though I must price up loads of jobs that never, ever get carried out, sometimes people just dont realise the cost of certain services and when they do they think "Bugger that it can be left" ( tree work is a service that 99% of the time can wait)

I dont even bother to think of what Ive priced now, I just put my price in and forget about it unless I get a call.

People want the world for nothing, and Im one of them!!:laugh1:

No seriously though I must price up loads of jobs that never, ever get carried out, sometimes people just dont realise the cost of certain services and when they do they think "Bugger that it can be left" ( tree work is a service that 99% of the time can wait)

I dont even bother to think of what Ive priced now, I just put my price in and forget about it unless I get a call.

yeah i think i need to adopt your way of thinking...if phone rings it rings

The stock answer should be.....you want £50 off.....what part of the job don't you want done!

Once a deal is struck, unless there are unforseen circumstances, the price should be the price and if there are unforseen circumstances, they are either absorbed or discussed at the time they are found!

Trying to get a discount when the job is done sucks!

I like that:thumbup: