Disintagrating wall, advise needed??

Rick2517

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the fact that he was suggesting you were tresspassing makes him an idiot that doesn't deserve any help with his wall at all!! He had less rights to access his garden than his tennant does, she has to give him permission to enter the property (including the garden) before he can do so, and therefore is hasd more rights to allow you access than he does.

On this fact alone I would tell him you have decided not to help him out with a new wall and leave it at that. YOu shouldnt' have given any insurance details out, you should have told him (after he accused you of tresspassing) that you are not insured!!

I was very annoyed by the allegation of trespassing as I Always make a big effort to not enter anybody's garden without permission even if its just to pick up the odd stray brach or to. So to be accused of this after having permission from the occupant is wrong and it shows they are clutching at strews and finding every reason to point all fingers at me.

Getting hold of a builder for a quote turns out to be harder than i thought lol!!! Anybody know any good builders in bristol??

JUst bite the bullet and rebuild the wall ! If ten foot high and 15 ft long then it shouldn't cost any more than your excess if you reclaim the bricks " the mortar's all blown " get the climber to help clean bricks of that might educate him aswell . we've all encountered these dodgy walls and awkward neighbours . Trust , goodwill and solicitors , they don't all mix. try and keep insurers out of it they tend to get the jitters and think that you're a bad risk .

I think if you rebuild the wall to the same specs as before,(no piers) you would be creating a liability,to build to a good spec,even if the footings are good,(and wide enough to take a 9 inch pier), would cost a grand or very near it,even if you salvaged most of the bricks.

Thats my opinion of course,not gospel.:001_smile:

I think the fact that he was suggesting you were tresspassing makes him an idiot that doesn't deserve any help with his wall at all!! He had less rights to access his garden than his tennant does, she has to give him permission to enter the property (including the garden) before he can do so, and therefore is hasd more rights to allow you access than he does.

On this fact alone I would tell him you have decided not to help him out with a new wall and leave it at that. YOu shouldnt' have given any insurance details out, you should have told him (after he accused you of tresspassing) that you are not insured!!

:congrats::dito:

If what you say is the truth ie he was trying to claim on the insurance to replace a wall he has allowed to fall into disrepair!!!!!:001_huh: then he deserves nothing as he is a chancer , saw you coming and tried his hand.

We have all been there and seen the tissue paper fence panels that hang there only for the grace of God, you know the owner wants a new one if you sneeze on it!

He's a landlord, they are the tightest people known to man!:laugh1:

Years ago we properly destroyed a rusty old metal five bar gate. The farmer went mental and wanted it replaced so we said we would, and returned a week later and replaced it with an equally rusty old five bar gate.

He went even more mental cos he wanted a new one but we walked away!