ms 192!!!!

munkymadman

how can any saw that needs a muffler mod be a good saw

Personal choice

Mine has'nt, run it on standard 1.1mm 12" bar and is spot on.

Think 18st went up to 1.3mm so the mod will just have equalled things back out for power.

Great little saw for the right jobs :thumbup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal choice

Mine has'nt, run it on standard 1.1mm 12" bar and is spot on.

Think 18st went up to 1.3mm so the mod will just have equalled things back out for power.

Great little saw for the right jobs :thumbup:

Spot on Richard, mine came with 14" 1.1mm bar, but, it spat the chain off and bent a few links:scared1: So decided to run it on same bar as the 200 but 12".

The muffler mod was easy to do and made a big difference to power.

This subject has come up several times about the 192, but unfortunately what i have noticed is, many people want to compare the 192 against the 200.

I would just like to add that these little saws are amazing at what they can do, but are not a 200t! Anyone who has a 192 will give it great merrit, but still say the 200 has a seperate place in a tree (so to speak)

So, what i would say is, if you get the opportunity to buy one, do so, and run it as well as the 200.

"A saw for every job" is a good way of looking at it.

it's not great at spear cuts, the piece starts folding away before you finish the cut. thats its only failing point.

it would be interesting to know how many hours of work you could get out of it compared to the ms 200t. i still couldn't understand why so much cheaper. when i bought it, the ms 200t was going for $1500 while the ms 192t was going for $450. :confused1:

why would stihl develop it if it was going to decrease overall profits?