• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heres my ropeguide,

the cocoon does get stuck sometimes

For the retrieval part try some thinner cord then girth hitch it to the legs of the prussik that holds the cocoon. This helps a little when retrieving as it will be pulling directly on the cord that holds the cocoon.

Does that cocoon pulley work ok with the ring then?

it catches a tiny little bit but all you have to do is flick some slack line up and it pops through. I reckon the rope/splice needs to be cover dependant so that the core can be removed to make the splice lie flatter on the ring. seems to not get as stuck as my factory rope guide on webbing.

Here is my rope guide, the splice on the ring is cover dependent to lie flatter, and the 2 tenex splices together are fatter than the sides of the pulley which helps it pass through the ring. It retrieves far easier than the older web'd art rope guides, it gets stuck no more than a traditional ring'd saver.

Why use thick cord Atree? I don't think it makes a difference just my personal preference, as its lighter and to me more tidy.

59765381e768c_workjuly08056.jpg.2d968312895028b13354c69534b42d7b.jpg

i prefer to do my lock stitching closer to the eye. What are you using to sew it? i'm on No. 4 whipping twine (aboiut the best stuff marlow do), a palm some sailmaking needles and a pair of pliers. with a bit of effort and massaging i can get every eye at teh throat

Jamie