Swapped the MS260 for an MS361 and....

Big J

I've liked the 362, I have 2 of them, what don't you like?

TD Tree & Land Services Ltd.

I hate the way it doesnt start properly, it doesnt have the feeling of raw "gimme more" that my 361 had, and just doesnt feel as nice to use. My feelings were confirmed the other day when i was passed a 361 with a 20" up the tree (i run a 16 or an 18 on the 362) and it made my 362 feel like something from B&Q:thumbdown:

Maybe i have a dud one.:confused1: I thought at first it would im-prove, but it has had gallons of fuel through it now, and i have played with the carb and even payed to have the carb adjusted, all to no avail.

I would laugh at you if you showed up with a 460 for sub 12 inch hardwood thinning!

i am hurt! i even have a 20" bar on it too:001_tt2:

its the only ground saw i have at the moment cos certain people wont give me thinnings to do so i can buy another one. i think an 88 next :stupido2:

anyway if i used anything smaller than the 460 on the ground then i would feel a bit girly :lol:

We have one 362. We run it on the Stihl Super HP mix. Not a problem. As soon as we put the standard Stihl HP through it, it would begin to cough and splutter especially when starting from cold. Every month we put the HP super in our combi cans so it can go through all of our 2-stroke power tools. It makes a massive difference. The only thing i dont like about the 362 is when it running out of fuel it races on the idle. Had the clutch smoking once before when i put the chainbrake on to shift a log. The 341's we use dont race when running out of fuel, they just die.

we were havign a similar conversation today, although husky based. My 353's shelved for the mo while I sort out the replacement bits it needs so my 372's getting drafted in as little saw alongside a borrowed 346. The 372 is fantastic for the fellign and the crosscutting but drinks fuel and is a bit numb for snedding out the smaller stuff, whereas the 346 (or 353) is a lot more nimble, les thirsty but a bit slower in the heavy branched edge stuff.

Conclusion we came to was 357 for it all :biggrin:

:confused1:

Big J - wasn't it you using an 880 for first thinnings???

:thumbup1:

Hehe! Partially busted!

I used my 088 for a period of a few days whilst the crappy MS250 I had at the time was getting fixed. It was next to impossibly heavy, though it wasn't first thinnings, it was 60-75ft sycamore and birch.

i am hurt! i even have a 20" bar on it too

its the only ground saw i have at the moment cos certain people wont give me thinnings to do so i can buy another one. i think an 88 next

anyway if i used anything smaller than the 460 on the ground then i would feel a bit girly

I would imagine the 460 is wonderful at stump, but I reckon it would get a bit tiring on the snedding when you get to around tree number 60! We aren't far off being done in this stand Dave, so once we know what's next, I'm be giving everyone who expressed interest in cutting a buzz! :thumbup: