Do you use a Bedford or Foden?

elfinwood saws

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant another one. So I have an hgv licence so I'm clear to drive it but you guys don't need tachos or O licence, that's great. I will have to reg it as agri then.

Thanks for the replies.

• 2 weeks later...
That's more of a fuels issue than a licensing one. You can reviser it as whatever you like without much trouble but if the revenue catch you using red be ready with half a grand first offence and an impound and assessed penalty thereafter

Andy

So twin tanks white/red and a switch over valve, run it on white to return to base loaded?

So twin tanks white/red and a switch over valve, run it on white to return to base loaded?

they can argue that ur doing this to defraud them if they catch u i think u'd have to have the change over valve rigged to the hi-lo range selector or something so u can only use red when in low range

Unfortunately not. HMCE are of the opinion that such a system is an invite to abuse.

On a technical note what would you do with the spill return? If you go straight back to the white tank it will contaminate the derv when you run on red and if you return it to the red tank you are wasting derv. If you make it a double change over you will still contaminate the white tank with what’s in the pump when going red to white.:thumbdown:

As an incidental a tractor delivering plant to the site was on today was followed in by HMCE. Tank full of red the owner had to pay half a grand on the spot and was warned that if caught again it’s an impound and assessed fine.:thumbdown:

its 100% no on dual tanks,if im moving wood any distance will drain system and refill with white,joys of an electric fuel pump,no bleeding needed:thumbup:

its 100% no on dual tanks,if im moving wood any distance will drain system and refill with white,joys of an electric fuel pump,no bleeding needed:thumbup:

I will register it as agricultural/forestry and run it on white and that should keep me on the right side of the law.Still looking for a grab and rotator and some foot control pedals as it has a sit and ride crane.:001_smile: