Chin-up bar

Mark Bolam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrist straps, they take away the strain of gripping and let you concentrate all your energy on hitting the lats.

straps are good for deadlifts if you lift 300k..not so good for chins.

chins are a full body exercise and getting stronger grip will make you stronger thorughout...actually instead of making grip easier it is best to make it more difficult.

Arnie used to cover his bar in grease for doing deadlifts, fat grips make it more difficult as you need to sqeeze harder to hold on for chins,

Here is an old time strongman doing rafter pinch grip chins with 70lbs extra.

brucewhite_rafterchinups2.jpg.1c78f21fd7095ca47cd1ebc7486fb34d.jpg

Martyn, we are talking about old boy's in their 40's who also suffer from tennis elbow and a whole host of other physical ailment's accumulated through years of hard graft and training for one thing and another.

I admire your zest but wonder if you will still be at it in another twenty years or so.

Martyn, we are talking about old boy's in their 40's who also suffer from tennis elbow and a whole host of other physical ailment's accumulated through years of hard graft and training for one thing and another.

I admire your zest but wonder if you will still be at it in another twenty years or so.

Old men in there 40's Lol. you very funny. 40 ain't old.

Mick this is why people become old ..usually to much sitting and not training correctly..stonger grip will help with tennis elbow etc Stongmen actually use grippers not just for strength but for hand health.

And deep squats, heavy deadlifts, difficult chins...will keep you feeling younger and stronger for longer.

oh yeah..guy in pic is in his 50's.

PHAT GRIPS MARK.

Fat Gripz

Can use them for deadlifts ,chins etc. really good.

Had mine for couple months now and really work your grip.

I was interested till I saw the price Martyn!

I did my chins tonight on my 1" bar, and it's hitting my forearms more than my lats and biceps. I think it's because my forearms are constantly knackered from work. And masturbation.

I will try making my own fat grips, and also try the wraps Mick suggested and see how I go.

That old guy must have insanely strong grip strength to do chins like that.