do you really want the money?

Joy Yeomans

done an emergency job yesterday, today - well will finish cleaning up tomorrow, the customer now back peddling over payment - surely what youve got in timber will pay the bill, i cant pay anyway til my husband comes back and we really dont have that sort of money put to one side to cover the tree, ! not overdone, infact done it too cheap

had 4 men, 2 climbers ,2 ground staff yesterday

had 6 today, 2 climbers & 4 groundies

will leave 3 tomorrow to clear up

about 6 loads of chip and an artic of timber all great haulks of wood , the price was agreed upon before start of job, infact we gave her a price and knocked 400 quid off which in hind sight we shouldnt of just to get the job, which others turned their noses up as it was too big

fed up now with domestic customers had too many bad eggs:sneaky2:

we had visited and quoted when one branch failed and hit her garage, then when second fell and hit her discovery 4, she called us in quick and agreed at the price there and then, as we could get monday to start.

a fed up

joy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrrrrrr sounds to me like their lifestyle is on tick. I'd refuse to finish until the invoice is agreed and a cheque in your hand.

I did an emergency job for a caravan site over two months ago and am still awaiting payment.

hmmm discovery 4 thats got to be near on £40,000 worth of motor and yet they are gonna moan about price, maybe you could do a Top Gear test and see if their D4 can drive over 6 loads of chip and artic load of wood at the end of their drive that could build some revenue lol

It's one of those situations where you wish/know you should have things in writing but being a decent person yourself you expect other people to be the same and it's not the case a lot of the time. With private clients I like to feel I'm on a friendship basis with them but you do get stung:(

I'm sure you'll get the money. If not, small claims court. They will get a CCJ against their name. Just the mention of this might spur them into paying!

And re: written quote. i don't think you need it in writing. verbal is legally binding still.